Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, Nath182 said:

My mate is having a party for his 30th birthday next month, but he's decided it's a fancy dress party. Why do people feel the need to do these things? Now I've got to spend un-necessary money on some shit outfit I'll never wear again. If I don't go in fancy dress though I'll likely be the only one there that hasn't bothered and the abuse I'll get will be unbearable. 

Theme is 'through the ages'... any suggestions on the cheap?

Adam, before the fall is the best no-cost option.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

My mate is having a party for his 30th birthday next month, but he's decided it's a fancy dress party. Why do people feel the need to do these things? Now I've got to spend un-necessary money on some shit outfit I'll never wear again. If I don't go in fancy dress though I'll likely be the only one there that hasn't bothered and the abuse I'll get will be unbearable. 

Turn up as 2016 you.

Alternatively, don't go.

9 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

Homercles cares not for beans.

Bcx5xPFIYAEVm-w.jpg

"How do you do it Homer?"

"You take an ordinary bedsheet, fold it around like this..."

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The clouds of concentrated vomit essence that seem to materialised every 100m or so in the city centre at the moment.

People who can see you're having lunch but have decided you're working to their schedule so come over to discuss a completely non-urgent matter that absolutely can wait for the half an hour I've got to finish my crisps and read the news.

Just firmly and politely tell them, "I'm really sorry, I'm on my lunch break" and carry on eating.

52 minutes ago, Nath182 said:

My mate is having a party for his 30th birthday next month, but he's decided it's a fancy dress party. Why do people feel the need to do these things? Now I've got to spend un-necessary money on some shit outfit I'll never wear again. 

Ah, something that pisses me off and gives me a "when I were a lad" opportunity - the modern trend for BUYING fancy dress, shops that sell/hire it, etc. We always made our own. Use a bit of imagination. We once had one in the house I was sharing, and I changed costumes several times - footballer (full kit rocket polisher), western gunslinger, punk rocker, Bob Dylan, schoolboy, gangster, etc. All improvised. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I would imagine my teenage kids think I'm pretty **** amazing and cool.

They haven't actually said it, but I can sense these things.

If I had to pick a VTer to be my new dad, you'd definitely make my shortlist. I may start auditioning soon.

2 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Time Traveller and turn up the day before the party

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

If I had to pick a VTer to be my new dad, you'd definitely make my shortlist. I may start auditioning soon.

I've seen pics on Facebook of some of the other VT'ers kids and they are nowhere near as cute and wonderful as my kids so you should definitely consider me as your new dad

But I'm gonna need to see pictures of your mum before I fully commit to the idea

• Like 2

Xann can be my cool (I may be wrong, but I think older) brother, who lives in that London. maqroll can be my cousin who lives in America, and can put me up for a bit, if I ever want to go to on holiday. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

maqroll can be my cousin who lives in America, and can put me up for a bit, if I ever want to go to on holiday. 

I imagine it would be frustrating ..  you'd arrange to meet on Tuesday and he'll turn up on Thursday and then claim to have been there since Monday

4 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

I've often thought I'd like to have Mooney and Chris as my Uncles. Mainly, so I can borrow* records off them.

*By borrow, I mean take, and never give back. 

Me and my missus have an understanding. If ever Cerys Matthews comes a knockin' then I'll be off. But it will strictly be just for long enough for some getting to know you novelty sex and to clock up enough time to then divorce and get half of her record collection. Then I'd be back home.

Every time that doorbell rings...

• Like 1

Â