Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Good shoes are well worth investing in. The cheap shit you get in most high street shops are uncomfortable as hell, very cheaply made using low quality 'leather' and poor construction techniques, and unrepairable.

We've got arguably the best shoe making industry in the world in this country, a decent pair of goodyear welted shoes that are properly looked after and resoled once every couple of years will cost more up front, but they'll be the most comfortable footwear you ever wear, and they'll last forever.

£15 shoes from Sports Direct, I can hardly imagine...

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

I do/did medicine. Failed a repeat exam. Fear I might be goosed. Sent an email to the person in charge of the course yesterday afternoon after getting my results. Still no reply. There's talk of me being able to repeat again, but it's just hearsay. Wouldn't mind a reply...

The story was that I had an exam that I failed by a percent. One percent. And a large part of that was due to my stethoscope malfunctioning on the day. Caught between two settings, I failed to score marks on that part of the exam for sure and that knocked my grade significantly for that section. So then the repeat exam was a different format. There were tutorials for the repeat exam going on. I asked could i attend one and miss a day of a peripheral hospital placement. I was told I could not attend the tutorial. Then there was another one scheduled. I was informed about it the evening before the tutorial, while I was still on peripheral placement away from where the tutorial was happening so I couldn't attend that either. On the day they were asking me where I was and why i had not attended.

The repeat exam went quite badly, but I don't feel I should have been in that situation in the first place. It's a little bit annoying.

Any advice?

Edited by yillan

You must be a lonely sole to be wearing ones like that.

Just admit it they are not good, there is dignity in de-feet

Trying to say they are OK, is just a bunch of cobblers really

Really buying them is not good, I would make fun but its not good to mock-a-sin

• Like 1

I think I spend more on shoes than most women, I'm up to a 10 pair rotation for my office shoes now. I have stopped because I need a bigger shoe rack. :(

Edited by Davkaus

Â