Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just one day without a massive pile up between Junction 4 and Junction 6 of the M6 is all I ask for.   While I hope nobody has been seriously hurt in today's crash (the third day in a row there has been one) if the doctors on the scene could arrange it so that the person who caused the crash cannot comfortably sit down for a week then that would be peachy. 

There always seemed to be something around J16 when i used to be a regular M6 user.  I think it was the innate hideousness of Stoke that made people suicidal.  Maybe Chelmsley Wood has a similar effect on Birmingham commuters around J4.

thats would have been sweet when I worked at birmingham business park, free bus, hmmmm

It's going to cut my commute from a round trip of about 70 miles, to a round trip of less than 10.

Needless to say I'm pretty pleased.

why do people at work insist on making things as difficult as possible.

i took the time to write a procedure for a job another department should be doing that us saves hours doing the job. the least they can do is read the damn thing.

but no because I need one signature of someone that is "too busy" it can't be put into circulation.

so busy they left at quarter to 4 infact. /rant

Hopefully though you will get some address, can you recall any details, the persons user name/location, potentially any email address. Lets track this swine down.

I have emailed Ebay for his address. He has already purchased on Ebay from a mobile company who have left him positive feedback. He would have used a card to make payment. I also have his account number which he gave me to make payment which was an account with the Halifax so the Police should be able to get his address from his account details but he may have used a fake address? I also have all messages in my Ebay messages account showing the agreed sale but to tell you the truth I'm just not confident at all that I'll see my money again. I suppose it serves me right for trusting anyone and I've actually felt physically sick all day. Just feel my very soul has been raped. No matter. The thing is to put it down to experience and not make the same mistake again which I won't.

A big thank you for the concern.

As others have said mate, don't let it eat up you up. Its £200, which is a fair chunk of money, but you've not been hurt or suffered any tragedy, its just a blow to your wallet for a bit. Pick yourself buddy, try what you can to get it back and if all else fails, chalk it down to experience. It's happened to the best of us!

Editors/press officers etc not replying to requests of press passes or work experience. I get that they're busy, but I've fired out about 20 emails and got 1 reply. It's not that I'm expecting a placement, it's the non-reply. Doesn't take long to write "sorry we're full" does it? 

Think they need reminding that they were students once. 

After the absolute joke of the ticket master "booking fees" on tickets, ive just phoned my insurance company to change my address over and because i now park on a private car park with allocated parking, instead of the off road parking at my old house, i have to pay £63 more, which is a joke in itself but once again, there's an 'admin fee' for doing so, of £25+vat. So £30. For **** all.

Editors/press officers etc not replying to requests of press passes or work experience. I get that they're busy, but I've fired out about 20 emails and got 1 reply. It's not that I'm expecting a placement, it's the non-reply. Doesn't take long to write "sorry we're full" does it? 

Think they need reminding that they were students once. 

In my experience it's best to ring up and speak to them if possible. Although don't do what I did once, and ring up a radio newsroom just before the hour. Suffice to say they didn't much want to speak to an idiot student, who didn't realise they were just about to go on air and read the news! 

• Like 1

I moved my insurance on sheer principle the last time they did that to me.

I did exactly the same when they tried to tell me parking on my drive rather than the street would cost extra.

Insurance companies are robbing tossers.  I remember the time I phoned mine to tell them I was moving house, and they charged me £100 because it was a "higher risk postcode".  10 minutes later, I phoned them again, and said I was moving from the new address to the old address.  "That's showing as £50 extra sir, it's a higher risk area". 

Hopefully though you will get some address, can you recall any details, the persons user name/location, potentially any email address. Lets track this swine down.

I have emailed Ebay for his address. He has already purchased on Ebay from a mobile company who have left him positive feedback. He would have used a card to make payment. I also have his account number which he gave me to make payment which was an account with the Halifax so the Police should be able to get his address from his account details but he may have used a fake address? I also have all messages in my Ebay messages account showing the agreed sale but to tell you the truth I'm just not confident at all that I'll see my money again. I suppose it serves me right for trusting anyone and I've actually felt physically sick all day. Just feel my very soul has been raped. No matter. The thing is to put it down to experience and not make the same mistake again which I won't.

A big thank you for the concern.

As others have said mate, don't let it eat up you up. Its £200, which is a fair chunk of money, but you've not been hurt or suffered any tragedy, its just a blow to your wallet for a bit. Pick yourself buddy, try what you can to get it back and if all else fails, chalk it down to experience. It's happened to the best of us!
Thanks pal. Before I had made the payment I had called into the O2 shop in town and they would have given me an early upgrade to a new phone for £220 just paying a few pound more on my contract. Really can't explain it to myself why I instead took the risk on Ebay. It's like just for that day I had a blank spot on common sense. More angry at myself than the scammer but as you say nobody has been hurt. Thanks for the concern.

I moved my insurance on sheer principle the last time they did that to me.

I did exactly the same when they tried to tell me parking on my drive rather than the street would cost extra.

Insurance companies are robbing tossers.  I remember the time I phoned mine to tell them I was moving house, and they charged me £100 because it was a "higher risk postcode".  10 minutes later, I phoned them again, and said I was moving from the new address to the old address.  "That's showing as £50 extra sir, it's a higher risk area". 

That is a good one. 

I asked them to explain the justification for the extra charge, they claimed it was because so many people made claims for things like driving into their garage. I informed them I didn't have a garage so they didn't need to worry but they didn't seem to share my reasoning. :)

Â