Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I hate this country.  Everyone is trying to make money from you.

"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society.  When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." - POPEYE THE SAILOR MAN

• Like 1

I hate this country.  Everyone is trying to make money from you.

Everyone?

Not literally.  But this culture of admin fees and trapping people (gigs, cinemas) etc and charging them double really gets my goat.

I renewed my car insurance last April for about £350 fully comp, with a big insurer. I moved in August to a new apartment, about 0.5 miles from my old place and in my view a more secure area, as the complex has security bollards etc. I rang up to change address, expecting to pay an 'admin fee' and maybe at worst, a nominal increase but was staggered to be told that it would cost an extra £700 to change my address to my new one for the remainder of that 12 month policy! 

Their excuse was that my new postcode was a 'higher risk' due to the data they have on it., I explained that was complete bollocks as it was a new postcode and they hadn't got any data, good or bad. I couldn't get them to move, so had to cancel my policy and take a new one with someone else. 

Now, they keep emailing me and texting me as they incorrectly think i'm still with them and due to to renew in April!

On the subject of car insurance, I was with Swift a couple of years back, and upon finding I could get insured for nearly half the price of their renewal quote elsewhere, I moved to a different company. When they emailed me one of those questionnaire things to ask me why I had left, and what I thought of the service etc, I told them I left because I found the Iggy Pop puppet in their adverts annoying as ****! A few years later, and no more Iggy Pop puppet. You're welcome.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

the older I get hair growing in places I dont want it to and not growing in the place I want it to.

It kind of slips off the scalp and turns up lower down the head, in your ears, nose and out of your eyebrows.

Chicks totally dig it though.

The fact that we don't have medical remedies for certain illnesses and conditions ........... :(

even if you stop keeping coal in the bath , you can never be totally cured of being Northern 

• Like 1

The fact that we don't have medical remedies for certain illnesses and conditions ........... :(

even if you stop keeping coal in the bath , you can never be totally cured of being Northern 

This is clearly nonsense. People up north keep coal in their cellars. People down south have converted their cellars into minute flats because they can't afford to buy houses. They can't afford coal either.

• Like 3

the older I get hair growing in places I dont want it to and not growing in the place I want it to.

It kind of slips off the scalp and turns up lower down the head, in your ears, nose and out of your eyebrows.

Chicks totally dig it though.

I heard this, maybe thats why my wife is reluctant to get rid of that excess hair.

This is clearly nonsense. People up north keep coal in their cellars. People down south have converted their cellars into minute flats because they can't afford to buy houses. They can't afford coal either.

You clearly haven't been down South recently Limpid. We just get work experience kids to fill our cellars full of wine.

• Like 4

You clearly haven't been down South recently Limpid. We just get work experience kids to fill our cellars full of wine.

An unexpected benefit of the rioting?

My inability to say no

Made a comeback at football a few months back ... Just 5 a side on a sat ... Seemed to be going ok so got roped into playing 8 a side outdoors on a weds ... Then badminton on a Monday and squash on a Tuesday

Been doing this about 2 mths now non stop

My knees and legs are killing me , it's been over 5 years since I played sport at an intense level ... I need a rest to see if its just pain from over doing it or real bad pain of the aids type

Was determined to have a week off and then Tuesday the text comes ... Playing football tomorrow ?

Oh go on then

thurs text comes .. You in for footie on sat

Oh go on then

So much for the rest ... Tbh I'm loving being back on a football pitch

But I really really need a rest

How hard can it be to say no

Â