Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I may have to leave the thread for a while if you're going to start raving about The bloody Fall. 

EDIT: There was a music clip to identify on University Challenge last night. I said to the missus: "I've no idea who this is, but it's **** ing shite". 

Yep, you've guessed it. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I went out on Boxing Day. 

I got stopped at the door by the bouncer. 

Him: "You can't come in like that"

Me: "Oh... can I ask why?"

Him: "It's an R'n'B and hip hop night so you can't come in without a collar"

This pissed me off. That's well hip hop isn't it? Ah remember when Tupac and Dre were knocking about all the time in their shirt and tie? 
Dickheads.

(as it happened he was sound and let me in but it still annoyed me! Dress codes like that are dumb anyway)

Awaits the no socks jokes

Dress codes are an excuse to knock back undesirables without saying, sod off you look like a wrong 'un. It’s somehow less offensive to blame it on “a rule”.

good job they didn't have a sock policy 😝

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Dress codes are an excuse to knock back undesirables without saying, sod off you look like a wrong 'un. It’s somehow less offensive to blame it on “a rule”.

good job they didn't have a sock policy 😝

Highlight the end of my OP

• Like 1

That's the beauty of drinking around New Street/Jewellery Quarter these days, they either don't have bouncers or the ones they do have are literally only there to stop you going in if you are in a complete state.

Broad Street these days is like a warzone after 10.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just to make clear, I wasn't on Broad Street. Would never go out there.

I was in Sutton :) 

Where on earth was there a hip hop night in Sutton?! :)  I'm trying to think of somewhere...

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Where on earth was there a hip hop night in Sutton?! :)  I'm trying to think of somewhere...

It was at the Royal Hotel. It was alright. First time I've been in there when it wasn't dead.

I didn't go for the music, was out with friends and it was the only place that seemed to be open after 11!

• Like 1

I apologise if this is too 'On Topic', but it does piss me off and I deliberately don't want to put it in the post-match thread, but . . . 

I was sat next to a family at the game today. There seemed to be three generations there, the youngest being pretty small kids. The dad was steaming drunk, and spent the entire game yelling at full volume an endless series of anti-Welsh slurs, focused monotonously on the allegation that Welsh people have sex with sheep. This was endless, and at constantly screamed.

I remember @chrisp65 - and where is he by they way? - saying before that anti-Welsh bigotry appears to be common and voiced regularly by people who wouldn't dare say the same things about other groups, but really the hate was every bit as a strong as if he'd been throwing a banana on the pitch. Although frankly I'm not sure this guy was so reticent, since he also loudly yelled at El Ghazi to '**** off back to Egypt or wherever you're from' as well. 

I know that some people are going to say 'this is just a part of English football culture' or some shit, and imply that I'm a hopeless middle-class flaneur for being disgusted at a man yelling about having sex with animals in front of his children, but that's all just bullshit really. 

I left in disgust after 70 minutes. The disgust was as much as anything targeted at myself for being too pussy to call him for it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I apologise if this is too 'On Topic', but it does piss me off and I deliberately don't want to put it in the post-match thread, but . . . 

I was sat next to a family at the game today. There seemed to be three generations there, the youngest being pretty small kids. The dad was steaming drunk, and spent the entire game yelling at full volume an endless series of anti-Welsh slurs, focused monotonously on the allegation that Welsh people have sex with sheep. This was endless, and at constantly screamed.

I remember @chrisp65 - and where is he by they way? - saying before that anti-Welsh bigotry appears to be common and voiced regularly by people who wouldn't dare say the same things about other groups, but really the hate was every bit as a strong as if he'd been throwing a banana on the pitch. Although frankly I'm not sure this guy was so reticent, since he also loudly yelled at El Ghazi to '**** off back to Egypt or wherever you're from' as well. 

I know that some people are going to say 'this is just a part of English football culture' or some shit, and imply that I'm a hopeless middle-class flaneur for being disgusted at a man yelling about having sex with animals in front of his children, but that's all just bullshit really. 

I left in disgust after 70 minutes. The disgust was as much as anything targeted at myself for being too pussy to call him for it. 

I'd be interested to know if the family you refer to were the same family I encountered outside the ground, with dad talking racist shit in front of his kids as they were walking the other side of the fence from the Swansea buses. He clearly had a problem with Welsh, and for some unknown reason with Scots also.

Couldn't help but make a point of laughing directly at him. I think he was too thick to spot my accent or notice the eye contact when I loudly announced some people are ignorant but sadly still capable of breeding. Then again, perhaps he just restrained himself until he got home and then hit the missus.

I'm a placid, casual type. But I have a tendency to get assertive when I encounter that kind of crap (and think I have a fighting chance). 

For the record, regarding football, I thought today might have been the most abject display I've ever witnessed by any team. 

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'd be interested to know if the family you refer to were the same family I encountered outside the ground, with dad talking racist shit in front of his kids as they were walking the other side of the fence from the Swansea buses. He clearly had a problem with Welsh, and for some unknown reason with Scots also.

Couldn't help but make a point of laughing directly at him. I think he was too thick to spot my accent or notice the eye contact when I loudly announced some people are ignorant but sadly still capable of breeding. Then again, perhaps he just restrained himself until he got home and then hit the missus.

I'm a placid, casual type. But I have a tendency to get assertive when I encounter that kind of crap (and think I have a fighting chance). 

For the record, regarding football, I thought today might have been the most abject display I've ever witnessed by any team. 

Frankly I hope it was the same family, because otherwise it means there are two ignorant dads subjecting their kids to their pointless bigotry. Might even be as well, given I was sat in the Upper Trinity. 

I wish I had been assertive. In truth, I partly chickened out because his wife was sat between the two of us, and I felt embarrassed for her and didn't want to embarrass her any further, but I also just chickened out. 

I completely agree with you about the standard of football on display. It was absolutely pathetic. 

In fact, between the football and the bigotry, and also the fact that the part of the Trinity where I was sat actually stank of human excrement, it was a really pretty shit afternoon. 

Â