Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 25/10/2017 at 08:27, Stevo985 said:

I love halloween. 

An excuse for girls to get pissed and dress slutty.

That's a bit sexist and misogynistic. 

Halloween is an excuse for cultural appropriation and for people to generally wear offensive costumes. 

For the avoidance of doubt, it's best to stay in and wear normal clothes so as not to offend anyone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

For the avoidance of doubt, it's best to stay in and wear normal clothes so as not to offend anyone. 

If one stays in, one doesn't need to wear any clothes.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If "higher education" is anti bias, shouldn't that give you a bit of a hint that Brexit might not be an amazing idea?

We, as a nation, are fed up of experts.

Half of the country are idiots.

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

That's a bit sexist and misogynistic. 

Halloween is an excuse for cultural appropriation and for people to generally wear offensive costumes. 

Funny you say this.

My 5 year-old daughter loves the movie Moana and wants a Moana costume for a fancy dress birthday party she's got coming up. When I googled it, news stories came up in my results that seem to suggest that there's a genuine argument that it's racist to let your kid wear a Moana costume. I can't think of any response to that other than that, quite simply, it isn't. End of story. Apparently costumes of the Maui character have actually been banned because of similar concerns.

It really pisses me off that someone deems themselves fit to accuse other people of racism over something like this. I've read the arguments about why but I still really, really don't get it. Perhaps I am racist after all and I didn't even realise.

My Facebook page is full of people sharing a spoof account post about Wetherspoons banning staff from wearing a poppy. Why don't these thick arseholes check information before sharing rubbish? 

11 hours ago, av1 said:

My Facebook page is full of people sharing a spoof account post about Wetherspoons banning staff from wearing a poppy. Why don't these thick arseholes check information before sharing rubbish? 

A friend messaged me to boycott spoons, like that is going to happen, it's his second strike.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People who sponge off other people's netflix/spotify accounts.

None of these things are expensive for what they are. Get your own account you cheap ****.

My ex does this for both :D

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

People who sponge off other people's netflix/spotify accounts.

None of these things are expensive for what they are. Get your own account you cheap ****.

Given the amount of financial support our daughter has had from us over the years, the occasional use of her Netflix password is pretty small recompense. 

People who leave their wheelie bins out for days after collection. Especially those who leave them in positions where they aren’t visible from their own property just mine and other neighbours. A-holes.

Oddly, on my street there has been a recent phenomenon of bins vanishing when left out for days on end. Rumour has it they keep finding their way to the flats a few streets away and getting lost amongst the bins in their bin store.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Given the amount of financial support our daughter has had from us over the years, the occasional use of her Netflix password is pretty small recompense. 

Context is important. That is obviously fine.

I'm talking about people who have mates who use their netflix account, or have times when the account holder can't use their own account because they have other people using it.

• Like 1

Unsure if this should be a new topic, but I see in the political threads outrage, be it from posters or from people on twitter. I read a very interesting book by Jon Ronson, So You've Been Publicly Shamed, which delved into the back story of people that had been shamed on social media and the aftermath. Really good read. 

Now I find that I am ambivalent to everything, I care about my family and that's about it, I of course have views, some of them strong views but nothing that might send me into a rage if they were questioned, challenged or if something went completely against that. 

So I read that people, organisations, the press are outraged, there is a lot of outrage. I started to think when was the last time I was outraged, I don't mean at loss of life needlessly as thats a given, but outraged by what someone had said. I can't remember. Maybe the UK Honours System,  that reduces me to a frothing rage.

So, do you get genuinely outraged? What was the last thing not to piss you off. To hugely outrage you? 

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Context is important. That is obviously fine.

I'm talking about people who have mates who use their netflix account, or have times when the account holder can't use their own account because they have other people using it.

cough cough @Rob182 (although, not any longer!) :P 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Unsure if this should be a new topic, but I see in the political threads outrage, be it from posters or from people on twitter. I read a very interesting book by Jon Ronson, So You've Been Publicly Shamed, which delved into the back story of people that had been shamed on social media and the aftermath. Really good read. 

Now I find that I am ambivalent to everything, I care about my family and that's about it, I of course have views, some of them strong views but nothing that might send me into a rage if they were questioned, challenged or if something went completely against that. 

So I read that people, organisations, the press are outraged, there is a lot of outrage. I started to think when was the last time I was outraged, I don't mean at loss of life needlessly as thats a given, but outraged by what someone had said. I can't remember. Maybe the UK Honours System,  that reduces me to a frothing rage.

So, do you get genuinely outraged? What was the last thing not to piss you off. To hugely outrage you? 

Last thing for me was a couple of years ago when they tried to reorganise the local comprehensive system, to the obvious disadvantage of one group over all others.  

It was a truly bad plan in multiple ways and there was an obvious political stitch up happening. Both my kids were in comp at the time and I got quite active in that. Went to some public meetings and made some labour councillors very uncomfortable. A couple of my twitter accounts got blocked by a few councillors I called out with proof of blatant lying. It's no coincidence that it pretty much matches the timing of me last supporting labour.

Deal didn't go through though, my kids weren't disadvantaged, so I take that as a positive overall, though not nice at the time.

Other than that, not really.

Â