You Broncos or Raiders fan?

Shannon Sharpe is ungodly annoying 🤣

Love my Donkeys!!!  :D
logo.png

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Love my Donkeys!!!  :D
logo.png

👍👍 was a Niners fan ever since The Catch but 10 or 11 years ago realized I just didn’t really give a 💩 about the NFL anymore. Mostly due to how it’s inescapably in your face 24/7/365 here. Hadn’t watched an NFL game of any kind for 10-11 years until the most recent Super Bowl. Niners sucked me back in for a day 🤣

I live in Chico, CA, home of Aaron Rodgers. Mostly 49ers & Raider fans here but over past 20 years there have been a lot of “I’ve been a Packers fan my entire life!” converts 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 15:42, Marka Ragnos said:

Her latest is just so awful. Beggars belief somebody wrote those lyrics. Stuff like: "My friends used to play a game where/We would pick a decade/We wished we could live in instead of this/I'd say the 1830s but without all the racists." (Why am I even bothering to put metrical line breaks in that shit?)

The unearned bland world-weary title of the album makes a mockery of thousands of actual serious poets, many of whom struggle to pay the bills, etc. and who are already ridiculed by their loud uncles and basically all of Trumpamerica.

I like the clips on Tik Tok when she is singing Love Story and goes to the line about Romeo going down on one knee and pulling out a ring and several proposals are made in the crowd at the same time in sync with the lyrics. I am sure @Seat68 understands 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, colhint said:

Who'd of thought a bunch of miserable old sods on a football forum, don't get Taylor Swift. 

Yarp. Probably all wear socks too. 

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I live in Chico, CA, home of Aaron Rodgers. Mostly 49ers & Raider fans here but over past 20 years there have been a lot of “I’ve been a Packers fan my entire life!” converts 

Ah, so you get gloryhunters there, too. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Ah, so you get gloryhunters there, too. 

Of course, it’s why you see Yankees & Cowboys fans everywhere. Though, to be fair, I think most of the Packers converts here is more of a case of “the local boy does good” than bandwagoning. He’s the hometown hero (not to me) going back to his high school days. It’s not as if these people were jumping on the Packers bandwagon  when it was Favre’s team. The locals would have converted to whatever team Rodgers played for, regardless of whether or not said team was any good 

Posted (edited)

If I injected people with the Aids virus, I'd go to jail for a very long time.

Also if I threatened someone that they owed me money and they didn't, I'm sure that's criminal activity too.

So who's gonna be charged in the Bayer/NHS case. Or is it just another Paula Vennells, gonna walk away with apologies, a few tears and compensating victims with Tax oayers money. 

10 billion in compo they reckon the blood scandal will cost.😮

Edited by foreveryoung

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

Hate it when I buy bagels and they're not cut. Does anybody eat a bagel whole without slicing it?

I hate bagels, it’s like bread that hasn’t formed properly.

24 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Hate it when I buy bagels and they're not cut. Does anybody eat a bagel whole without slicing it?

Why would you want them to be less fresh for the sake of cutting them when required?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The Kraków "bagel" just gets eaten as it is:

Any culinary journey through Kraków is likely to start with the obwarzanek. A chewy, braided dough ring sprinkled (usually extremely unevenly) with salt, poppy or sesame seeds, obwarzanki are sold from blue rolling carts on every other street corner in Kraków, and are so inescapable they’ve become an unofficial symbol of the city. Known as the 'Cracovian bagel,' the obwarzanek gets its name from the Polish word for ‘parboiled’ and therefore differs slightly from the bagel, in addition to being its internationally popular counterpart’s predecessor. Though the origins of the Jewish bagel are complex, confusing and hotly-contested, most agree that it was invented by Cracovian Jews in the late 1600s after King Jan Sobieski lifted the 1496 decree that restricted the production of baked goods to the Kraków Bakers Guild. First written mention of the obwarzanek meanwhile dates back earlier to 1394, meaning that it’s been a daily sight on Kraków’s market square for well over 600 years. In 2010 it was given prestigious PGI (Protected Geographic Indication) status as a protected regional food.

But what you really need is a bagel guillotine (also useful for cutting off any pesky human fingers):

Hoan-Dishwasher-Safe-Bagel-Biter-Guillot

Or you could get essentially a stand to cut them on:

1740300.jpg

I don't really want a pre-sliced bagel with the bread going bad inside.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would you want them to be less fresh for the sake of cutting them when required?

I've bought the Morrisons ones (I think,), and they were pre-sliced, and they seemed fine considering they don't tend to last very long in our house.

While I'm on the subject of bread slicing, medium sliced loaf is an absolute piss take now. If thin sliced loaf still existed, it'd be the thickness of a **** lasagne sheet.

• Haha 1

So wasn't sure to post this is the careers thead or here, but it's pissing me off so I'm putting it here.

I have applied for 3 jobs in the last 3 weeks, 2 internal, as our department is splitting up and one external, fancy a change. My internal applications have not even been acknowledged, an my external one I had a phone call, guy asked a few questions and said he would call and organise a interview, which he hasn't.

Speaking to a friend of mine whos in HR, she claims most conpanies now don't even call to acknowledge, never mind sending out corrospondence to advise you haven't been successful. Now I know they probably have 10s maybe 100s of applicants, but its HR, like surely part of there job to respond surely out of respect, even if it's just a pre typred Email or a text, would be nice to to know.

• Like 2

Â