Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Dozens of branches these days mate.. Bit too lamestream for me, like my beans lightly roasted that morning by a man in a fez.

What colour fez?

38 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Shop Coffee all tastes the same on the whole , but Black sheep coffee is my preference as they offer up a few options   , not sure if it’s made it to the poorer areas of the U.K. yet so it might just be Surrey and London though ?

1 minute ago, limpid said:

There's one on the platform at Glasgow Central.

Made a mistake in Edinburgh, saying we’d meet someone in Black Sheep Coffee, turned out there were 3 on the same block and 2 more within a 5 minute walk.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

A well calibrated bean to cup machine is fine if the beans are good. Greggs calibrate theirs multiple times per day and their beans are better than the two I listed.

My snobbery is such that I wince when I type "bean" and I own more than one grinder :mrgreen:

As others have sad, everyone's taste is different.

Fair points. As someone who likes a latte or a flat white, I’ve never found a ‘one click’ machine do stretched milk as good as a barista though.

I only drink coffee that has been through the digestive tract and anus of a civet. 

In terms of chain coffee, I'd have Coffee #1 and Nero fighting for the title. Starbucks and Maccies pushing for Europe, while Costa is small heath. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I only drink coffee that has been through the digestive tract and anus of civet. 

You know her from Longbridge too?

Dirty boy.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

In terms of chain coffee, I'd have Coffee #1 and Nero fighting for the title. Starbucks and Maccies pushing for Europe, while Costa is small heath. 

Maccies coffee is great, and it’s about half the price of Costa/Starbucks too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Shop Coffee all tastes the same on the whole , but Black sheep coffee is my preference as they offer up a few options   , not sure if it’s made it to the poorer areas of the U.K. yet so it might just be Surrey and London though ?

We used to have an Indy coffee shop in our office building. It got purchased by Black Sheep and they offered all the staff the option to stay on. They refused to a man/woman because they were insistent that Black Sheep used vastly inferior beans and their coffee was awful. As we all enjoyed the previous incarnation of the place, we all boycotted too. Plenty better Indy places on Leather Lane for us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

We used to have an Indy coffee shop in our office building. It got purchased by Black Sheep and they offered all the staff the option to stay on. They refused to a man/woman because they were insistent that Black Sheep used vastly inferior beans and their coffee was awful. As we all enjoyed the previous incarnation of the place, we all boycotted too. Plenty better Indy places on Leather Lane for us. 

I’ve only been to the one in Guildford tbh , I’m not sure I’d know an inferior coffee bean from a good one by the time I’ve added milk and some cinnamon, but it seems a bit less generic that Starbucks , Costa etc .. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Anthony said:

Gave my grinder a right good seeing to on Thursday 

I set them up... 

You're welcome. 

cockatoo-knocking-down-towers-making-a-m

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I pay the £30 a month subscription for Pret because it's the cheapest way to get a coffee working at an airport.  They're about £4 a pop for a black Americano so a quid a day for up to 5 hot drinks and 20% off food is great value but **** me does the coffee taste like shit most of the time.  My app says in 2023 I saved the equivalent of £187 a month if I'd bought all the coffees at full price.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I pay the £30 a month subscription for Pret because it's the cheapest way to get a coffee working at an airport.  They're about £4 a pop for a black Americano so a quid a day for up to 5 hot drinks and 20% off food is great value but **** me does the coffee taste like shit most of the time.  My app says in 2023 I saved the equivalent of £187 a month if I'd bought all the coffees at full price.

Buy an Aeropress and move to the coffee thread.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Someone at work told me a couple of weeks ago that Pret’s filter coffee is around £1, and was 90p until recently. He also said that when the filter coffee runs out in the afternoon, they’ll occasionally do you a black Americano if you ask for a filter coffee. I’m not sure how true that is, or whether it’s specific to the Pret near my work (brind. place)

Dropped the missus off at digbeth coach station early sun morning. What an effing ball ache to get there !

I don't know the names of the roads but I used to take a road downhill past the new law courts, under a bridge and end up with selfridges on my right, with the multi storey car park on the left. Drive ahead, road bends to left past the proppa brummies drinking Palace of bull ring tavern and head down into digbeth itself. I can't describe too accurately but I couldn't go that far so I ended up somehow in a double bus lane to head down in to digbeth, passing Moor St Station on the left.

Can't filter right across the dual carriageway to the coach station now due to all the roadworks so parked up in a moody side road on the opposite side next to a sex shop and massage suite which was still going at 7am !

I realise as a dvb my visits to town are rare so I was out of touch with routes and the area in general but effing hell what a pain it was. 

Am due to pick her up at 8pm on a Friday night.....sod that,  she can get a black cab home.

Trying to book a holiday for missus 40th in July. Mexico and Dominican Republic? She doesn’t like any of the hotels.  Dubai? says it’s too hot. Maldives ? It’s too far.  Canary Islands?  Not for a 40th. Greece or Turkey? Too hot!!

We ain’t going to go anywhere.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trying to book a holiday for missus 40th in July. Mexico and Dominican Republic? She doesn’t like any of the hotels.  Dubai? says it’s too hot. Maldives ? It’s too far.  Canary Islands?  Not for a 40th. Greece or Turkey? Too hot!!

We ain’t going to go anywhere.

Egypt?

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Egypt?

Way too hot for her mate. She’s impossible. I’ve sent her loads of hotels to look at. Hopefully decides on one of them. 

I actually think the hotel I’ve seen in Tenerife is the best out the lot. 

Â