Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I thought the same, dreadful business model. She needs to renegotiate with the affiliates, to me, as their cut is so big, they are the tail wagging the dog. I would be very surprised if it is still trading in a year.

Yes.  I don't understand why people would use the service at all but assuming there is a market that was the obvious value a dragon could add.  Ruthless negotiation with the affiliates, tweaks here and there.  Cancel that extra pound off nonsense.  Then suddenly you're on £3-£4 per bag instead of 50p.  I think they just didn't believe the demand was really there to be honest because it seemed and easy win to get it profitable.

I guess what you could do, is not take a house and home off the market via the devil that is air BnB,, but stay in a hotel where they would look after your bag all day.

If that business model got even remotely close to being profitable, Big Yellow Storage would simply step in and smash the market.

• Like 1

Loads of luggage storage places in Liverpool on top of the one that’s in every city with a mainline station (though we tend to reserve that one for neo-nazis :D ) £5 a bag seems to be the going rate. It’s not all about Air BnB though. Particularly for the match tourists because they’ll often fly in for a Sunday match for example on a Saturday, stay Sat Night, check out of hotel (which may not be central) dump bags in luggage storage gaff, go drinking, go to the match head back to the city centre get bags and go to the airport. There’s also enough of these places that there must be some profit in it otherwise there wouldn’t be as many as there are. For most of them it’s just a sideline

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Loads of luggage storage places in Liverpool on top of the one that’s in every city with a mainline station (though we tend to reserve that one for neo-nazis :D ) £5 a bag seems to be the going rate. It’s not all about Air BnB though. Particularly for the match tourists because they’ll often fly in for a Sunday match for example on a Saturday, stay Sat Night, check out of hotel (which may not be central) dump bags in luggage storage gaff, go drinking, go to the match head back to the city centre get bags and go to the airport. There’s also enough of these places that there must be some profit in it otherwise there wouldn’t be as many as there are. For most of them it’s just a sideline

Her business model was based around people doing a few days in an air BnB at Fringe in Edinburgh where the station was charging £20 for bag storage.

When we were there, there appeared to be storage stations at hotels, car parks, and at venue sites.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Her business model was based around people doing a few days in an air BnB at Fringe in Edinburgh where the station was charging £20 for bag storage.

When we were there, there appeared to be storage stations at hotels, car parks, and at venue sites.

Ah gotcha, so a business model based in one city for three weeks per year. Instant fail.

Tbh, the AirBnB thing during the fringe isn’t the same as everywhere else all year round. Edinburgh folk have been renting out their homes (the ones they live in for the other 48 weeks) for that month for decades, rent out house for 4 weeks, pays for them to go and be tourists in someone else’s town. The fringe literally wouldn’t exist without all that. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Genie said:

My missus doesn’t even want to do the short walk from the free drop off. 

I bet it’s a gold mine for the airport. £5 when people are in holiday mode will get spent no problem.

Tell you missus to stop being a lazy mare and walk. 

Afterwards, come on here and tell us how that went 

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, and Katie Price. I don't know if I hate her, or pity her, and everything she stands for. How she has avoided jail over the years is anyone's guess. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Oh, and Katie Price. I don't know if I hate her, or pity her, and everything she stands for. How she has avoided jail over the years is anyone's guess. 

Funnily enough I saw someone talking about her in a WhatsApp group this morning followed by "she's been banged more times than stevie wonder's toes" 

I'm going to hell 

• Haha 4

On 01/02/2024 at 20:11, Genie said:

My missus doesn’t even want to do the short walk from the free drop off. 

I bet it’s a gold mine for the airport. £5 when people are in holiday mode will get spent no problem.

As someone who spent a couple of years using the airport every day, I completely back them on this. Anything that encourages more traffic to the other car parks and station is a good thing. It was absolute chaos before

On 01/02/2024 at 20:16, tinker said:

The monorail is about the same distance, no stress at all and straight into the departure lounge opposite security, so easy can't believe they don't charge tbh. Coming out as well, taxi rank right there and a car park for the station. 

They don't charge because they want people to use it. They want to encourage traffic away from the drop off car park, hence why that's so expensive

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

- Aggressive blokes in their late 30s on a cocaine come down, with receding hairlines, driving aggressively in their German 'whip'. Any colour as long as its grey. Cockgoblins. 

Sorry about that. It was a big weekend

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Sainsbury car park, Mere Green. The Mos Eisley Cantina of supermarket car parks. Genuinely some of the worst, stupid and most arrogant driving known to man or beast. 

- Aggressive blokes in their late 30s on a cocaine come down, with receding hairlines, driving aggressively in their German 'whip'. Any colour as long as its grey. Cockgoblins. 

- Orange WAG wannabes in their huge SUVs, with the spatial awareness of a drunk and blind walrus. Too busy scrolling ThickTok to park between the lines. Spunktrumpets. 

- A myriad of other people who clearly got their licence from a Clacton-on-Sea amusement arcade grab machine, or a spice bazaar in Kashmir. Wankpuffins. 

The level of incompetentness is so great, they would fail their Wolverhampton taxi test, and we all know, you don't even need to be in the country at the time to pass that. 

On the topic of Sainsburys and people being cockgoblins/spunktrumpets/wankpuffins - I popped to Sainsburys last Thursday with the little one (she's 3).  Will always look to park in a parent & child space but, as she can walk just fine and isn't a complete liability now, happy to go elsewhere.

All the parent & child spaces were taken, but there was a free space a couple up from them with a path the other side so pretty good really - park there.

On the way to the store:
- One p&c space taken by a car with 3 lads in there, driver not.
- One p&c space taken by a car with a woman packing her shopping away - no child/pram in sight
- One p&c space taken by a white van with bloke sat eating (presumed) lunch

On the way from the store:
- One p&c space taken by a couple who were among the most obese I've seen (so, fair enough I guess, they need the short walk or they might actually die)
- One p&c space in the process of being taken by a business woman in a BMW (of course)
- One p&c space taken by some complete slob of a woman; saw her get out and walk toward the store on her own

I reckon if people monitored those spaces, there'd be an almost perfect microcosm of society.  Lazy, selfish etc. etc.  There's no rule on them as far as I know, but surely people are capable of not being complete clearings in the woods?

• Like 3

I don't know if I'm late to this news, so apologies if it's already been mentioned on here, but I fire up Amazon Prime today and we get a notification to say that they're adding adverts onto movies & TV shows and I have to pay an extra £2.99 per month (on top of what I already pay) to get rid of them.

What the ****? Robbing words removed.

1 minute ago, JoshVilla said:

I don't know if I'm late to this news, so apologies if it's already been mentioned on here, but I fire up Amazon Prime today and we get a notification to say that they're adding adverts onto movies & TV shows and I have to pay an extra £2.99 per month (on top of what I already pay) to get rid of them.

What the ****? Robbing words removed.

Amazon are definitely turning the screw a bit now they have the monopoly. The same day and next morning deliveries which used to be free are now an extra £1.99 if you want them. They put the annual fee up about 20% a year or so back. Now the ads on the Prime Video stuff.

The greed makes me so angry.

On a related theme, Mark Zuckerberg the other day was in Washington giving a heartfelt apology to parents who had lost their kids in one way or another to extremism on social media. He’s one of the  richest people on the planet, and later that day revealed billions of profits. How about spending some of your billions of wealth on more moderators to make the platform safer? Just a thought. 

• Like 1

The adverts on Prime is possibly the most irritating part. More so than the money.

Half the reason you pay for streaming platforms is the lack of adverts. The entire point is they make money from subscriptions so don't have to advertise. That's why platforms like All 4 and ITVX do have adverts, because they need to be funded somehow. And with both of those if you pay for the premium version guess what... they take away the adverts.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Amazon are definitely turning the screw a bit now they have the monopoly. The same day and next morning deliveries which used to be free are now an extra £1.99 if you want them. They put the annual fee up about 20% a year or so back. Now the ads on the Prime Video stuff.

The greed makes me so angry.

On a related theme, Mark Zuckerberg the other day was in Washington giving a heartfelt apology to parents who had lost their kids in one way or another to extremism on social media. He’s one of the  richest people on the planet, and later that day revealed billions of profits. How about spending some of your billions of wealth on more moderators to make the platform safer? Just a thought. 

I'm sure Amazon are in the top 5 highest grossing companies in the world too (top 10 at the very least). Absolutely not needed.

• Like 1

I wonder if they’ll ever split the products? I don’t watch a lot of stuff on Prime Video and could live without the music but do use their shopping and delivery service quite a bit. Then there’s other stuff I have never used. 

When Americans criticsie British food (sometimes without trying it as like the teeth thing it's a sterotype they hold).

Now, although I think British food is a little underrated globally, I can accept criticism from a lot of places as many of them do produce superior culinary delights. 

America though!?  Get to ****!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 4

Â