Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tamworth’s local jacket potato seller has hit it big on tiktok (Spudman). Today he is doing an “event” giving away free jacket potatoes and the word is that people were queuing up from 3am, tents and all. The council have had to erect fencing and the queue is currently snaking all around the town centre.

I won’t link to the video on facebook as I got a slap last time.

At 7am he’s chatting to people in the queue, in the dark. They’ve travelled from Birkenhead, Skegness, Bristol, Northamptonshire.

giphy.gif

Imagine being filmed at 7am a hundred miles from home just to get a free potato from someone off tiktok. It’s a shame that will never go away.

I have seen his videos on YT Shorts, if I said to my wife let's head over to Tamworth for a jacket potato, she would have me sectioned. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Tamworth’s local jacket potato seller has hit it big on tiktok (Spudman). Today he is doing an “event” giving away free jacket potatoes and the word is that people were queuing up from 3am, tents and all. The council have had to erect fencing and the queue is currently snaking all around the town centre.

I won’t link to the video on facebook as I got a slap last time.

At 7am he’s chatting to people in the queue, in the dark. They’ve travelled from Birkenhead, Skegness, Bristol, Northamptonshire.

Imagine being filmed at 7am a hundred miles from home just to get a free potato from someone off tiktok. It’s a shame that will never go away.

Country is full of thick words removed. Like people who paid hundreds of pounds from Wakey Wines for Prime drinks, and people who queued for ages at Binley chippy. Is it a desire to fit in, get on TikTok, or are they simply that easily led? i struggle to see how these people can maintain jobs and live a normal life.

Fair play to Spudman, take advantage of it while you can and keep taking the suckers money.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Country is full of thick words removed. Like people who paid hundreds of pounds from Wakey Wines for Prime drinks, and people who queued for ages at Binley chippy. Is it a desire to fit in, get on TikTok, or are they simply that easily led? i struggle to see how these people can maintain jobs and live a normal life.

Fair play to Spudman, take advantage of it while you can and keep taking the suckers money.

At least with Wakey Wines and Prime they are selling something that was rare (at a huge mark up). There’s some sense in that for people with more money than sense.

Why go out of your way to get a potato from this fella when there’s probably 5 other places within 200m selling the same thing?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

giphy.gif

It's not so bad. It's a easy trip over to Binley Mega Chippy so you can take in 2 legends in one journey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

giphy.gif

This spudman was interviewed on 5Live about this earlier in the week (along with some other potato person for balance :D )

He was worried then that he wouldn’t have enough spuds… don’t go on the radio to publicise it some more then… Doh!
From what I could work out from the interview, it’s kids using Tik Tok that are the main people driving this, so all those hundreds of people really should learn to tell little Johnny to do one and buy some baking potatoes, baked beans and cheese themselves if he wants a baked potato. The other thing I couldn’t understand was the toppings, to be generating this much attention I thought they must be something amazing and revolutionary, nope, beans and cheese, chicken curry… bog standard

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

This spudman was interviewed on 5Live about this earlier in the week (along with some other potato person for balance :D )

He was worried then that he wouldn’t have enough spuds… don’t go on the radio to publicise it some more then… Doh!
From what I could work out from the interview, it’s kids using Tik Tok that are the main people driving this, so all those hundreds of people really should learn to tell little Johnny to do one and buy some baking potatoes, baked beans and cheese themselves if he wants a baked potato. The other thing I couldn’t understand was the toppings, to be generating this much attention I thought they must be something amazing and revolutionary, nope, beans and cheese, chicken curry… bog standard

In the video I saw earlier which was recorded at 7am it was all grown adults, who had travelled for hours to be there.

I hope their families disown them.

• Like 3

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

Really annoyed at the problems parking the car today in Tamworth - it took ages and after a long drive I thought it would be easier.

Anyway, I hope this potato is worth it...

You probably need to take a packed lunch to eat in the queue as it’ll be hours until you get your potato. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

See I would've joined the queue myself if I was there and it was only 5 people deep, as I'm a sucker for anything free. I consider Homer Simpson's idea of sticking a cocktail stick into everything to make it a free sample pure genius.

But that queue is embarrassing and I'm half expecting it to be for something completely unrelated and we're being fooled. 

As a side note I skip past Greggs if the queue is anywhere near the door lol, anyone else do this?

• Like 3

I absolutely hate queuing, I've been known to walk into the supermarket, see a few people in the queue and drive somewhere else, wouldn't catch me waiting 5 minutes for a potato, never mind how long these idiots are standing there for

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, definitley in my family, but it always was, it's garbage 

Sandra opens her box (kw) and it's 1p and she's near tears "I'm so sorry" Gary says back "dont worry its not your fault" my mom and my brother are gripped (another kw...) by the drama, I'm sat there lost for words 

I don't like gameshows where it's entirely chance. I don't mind some element of chance involved, that's fine, but there is almost no skill or knowledge involved in D or ND. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

As a side note I skip past Greggs if the queue is anywhere near the door lol, anyone else do this?

No, I walk normally past Greggs, regardless of queue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What a **** joke. Why would anyone want to waste their time in that. The world has gone mental. People will do ANYTHING just to get their photo on social media for something deemed relevant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Gammons discussing conscription and national service on the radio.

words removed queuing for TikTok spuds in Tamworth.

And my missus thinks I’m weird for bullying a stranger about his shed fetish.

loki-loki-odinson.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â