Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 18/10/2023 at 20:22, Xela said:

Doors open and its like a rugby scrum as people getting on try and charge into the people getting off. 

I kinda like it when this happens (and I'm getting off). Reminds me that I was a pretty mean tackling defender in hockey and I still weigh north of a 100. Out of my way word removed bowling pins!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flag football at the Olympics

Got no problem with them adding new sports for the Olympics, I'm even interested in how the break dancing in Paris will look but flag football... Come on, it's a sport exclusive to the yanks in their Olympics, waste of time

• Like 2

Running along the pavement, woman 10 m ahead of me crossing the road to my side, reaches there 2 m in front of me, turns to the direction I’m heading, walking in the MIDDLE OF THE PAVEMENT.

What the actual **** goes through these people’s minds? Same as approaching two people heading the opposite direction and they maybe at best shuffle over 10 cm, not thinking why don’t we walk single file for 3 seconds. Arseholes. 

• Like 4

Flag football is burly American men running after other burly American men trying to touch their bums and steal a handkerchief hanging out of their pockets. Sounds like Heaven in the 80s but Olympic sport now. 

On 21/10/2023 at 18:55, villa4europe said:

Flag football at the Olympics

Got no problem with them adding new sports for the Olympics, I'm even interested in how the break dancing in Paris will look but flag football... Come on, it's a sport exclusive to the yanks in their Olympics, waste of time

Ah, money talks. 

I guess it's like touch rugby for kids. The idea is you get kids seeing it, then buying NFL merchandise, sorry, playing the sport, then it gets worldwide popular, then rugby players have to wear armor {sp} and helmets and doing touchdowns instead of trys. 

THEN they buy the merchandise and lots of money drains to the US

People who in empty car parks with dozens upon dozens of spaces...park next to you.

Now I'm reversing out the spot. I'm turning to look as I reverse fair enough that's on me , too casual, but I'm literally , when I'm in the arse end of the car park away from everyone, not expecting someone to drive into the spot right next to me.

Literally 100 spaces 3 cars in the car park and you have to park next to me in the ones furthest away from the **** building?

Why? Why do they do it? Always happens at the gym too at 6 am with nobody there!

Why. Why. Why.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People who in empty car parks with dozens upon dozens of spaces...park next to you.

Now I'm reversing out the spot. I'm turning to look as I reverse fair enough that's on me , too casual, but I'm literally , when I'm in the arse end of the car park away from everyone, not expecting someone to drive into the spot right next to me.

Literally 100 spaces 3 cars in the car park and you have to park next to me in the ones furthest away from the **** building?

Why? Why do they do it? Always happens at the gym too at 6 am with nobody there!

Why. Why. Why.

Herd mentality 

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why. Why. Why.

Reminds me of a chap I used to know who was out at work and decided to stop in a supermarket car park for his lunch.

He drove to the emptiest spot furthest away from the building, got his sarnies out and within two minutes some cabbage parked right next to him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why. Why. Why.

In a proper car park with marked bays, I agree, it's weird. 

Where it does make sense is parking on a grass field, for events.If people start parking well away from each other, you get inefficient use of space, and you end up with lots of not-quite-big-enough gaps, and cars at odd angles. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why. Why. Why.

KW.gif

On 18/10/2023 at 19:22, Xela said:

Public transport etiquette in Birmingham. 

Trains - people wait on the platform, train comes in, doors open and people get off. The people wanting to get on wait diligently and allow all the incoming travellers to exit. Then they file onto the train, in good order and politely. Nice.

Midland Metro - like throwing a bag of chips into a flock of seagulls. Absolute swamp rat behaviour. Doors open and its like a rugby scrum as people getting on try and charge into the people getting off. 

I'm scared to even try the bus. 

It used to be a proud boast and consolation for the British, that we might be a third-rate nation but we knew how to queue.

The inability to follow queue etiquette was always assumed to be one of the many bad habits of Johnny foreigner.

The nation has definitely gone to the demnition bow-wows!

• Like 2

The same arse that parks next to you in an empty car park will then walk the length of the car park, along the path, through the entrance and at the narrowest point of the journey, at the pinch point in the doorway, will stop to check something.

It really does need a study in to why they do it and then some 1970’s style public information film on why they are a menace.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The same arse that parks next to you in an empty car park will then walk the length of the car park, along the path, through the entrance and at the narrowest point of the journey, at the pinch point in the doorway, will stop to check something.

It really does need a study in to why they do it and then some 1970’s style public information film on why they are a menace.

A loud tut is certainly appropriate in such situations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

A loud tut is certainly appropriate in such situations.

We are British.  A barely audible tut is what will happen.  Just enough so you are satisfied that you have tutted but not enough to cause a confrontation.

• Like 1

Â