Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The amount of people that I see driving around with tinted number plates or no front number plate is utterly ridiculous. If I was a copper I'd have a **** field day round here.

If you could be arsed with the paperwork. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Generally the same for me. This is the first significant down time in the 5 or 6 years I have had the service. 

Power cut in wylde green -'no power to one of the POP-A node cabinets in the street. About 1000 homes affected. My mate saw the engineers working on it as he passed them by and stopped to ask. Affected B24 area too.

Should be OK now

Edited by mottaloo
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If you could be arsed with the paperwork. 

I think that's the issue. It's too much hassle and public services are too under resourced for things like this to be policed. The bellends who drive around looking like they've crashed into Halfords, with the exhausts on their financed Focus popping and farting, with tinted number plates and stupid colour headlamps are essentially waving it in the copper's faces because they know they'll get away it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Charlie Aitken dying not being worthy of a mention for any of the national sports news sections, whereas it was the top sports story when Fergie's wife died.

Not going to lie, I had no idea who he was.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not going to lie, I had no idea who he was.

I suspect most Villa fans haven't, never mind the general football fan, so I can understand a collective shrug of the shoulders from sports media. Even if he's one of our best, it was never going to get the kind of reaction as Charlton, for example, who's still getting coverage a week later, but the contrast with someone's death being a top sports story because they were married to someone in sport wound me up a bit. 

Yeah as above, I know Charlie’s name simply by reading a bit of statistical information about the club as a kid. 

Find out who scored the most goals in total, most in a season, highest attendance, who has played the most, etc etc.

You hear stats regarding other clubs and players regularly. So if I was to hear, I don’t know, a stat about a keeper making the most number of appearances for a particular club, my immediate reaction would be “Hmmm, I wonder which keeper has played for Villa the most…”

In all honesty, I can’t imagine not having that thought. It’s just feels like the obvious reaction to have.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Surprises me, as I knew who Charlie Aitken was when I was about 10 years old. I'm don't think i'm much older than @bobzy or @Davkaus 

I used to get Villa history books and videos as a kid so I was well schooled in the history of our great club.

9 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah as above, I know Charlie’s name simply by reading a bit of statistical information about the club as a kid. 

Find out who scored the most goals in total, most in a season, highest attendance, who has played the most, etc etc.

You hear stats regarding other clubs and players regularly. So if I was to hear, I don’t know, a stat about a keeper making the most number of appearances for a particular club, my immediate reaction would be “Hmmm, I wonder which keeper has played for Villa the most…”

In all honesty, I can’t imagine not having that thought. It’s just feels like the obvious reaction to have.

Completely understand - I’ve just never done that.  I don’t know our top scorer ever (Gabby in the PL… I think I’ve heard the name of the all time top scorer but can’t remember), don’t know the record appearances by position etc. let alone stuff like record attendance or highest season points total.

Aitken’s career ended about 10 years before I was born, and I started supporting Villa around the age of 7 I think - so you’re talking a good 17 years and no-one spoke about him then at all.

The players I remember from back then were Yorke, Bosnich, Ehiogu et al. 

my mom is coming with my brothers kids to stay over, my brothers kids are fussy eaters

tonight my wife is making spaghetti and meatballs, my mom just messaged saying dont make my nephew any cos "he wont like it" and my mom will cook him tinned meatballs in tomato sauce instead...she's literally brought over something different for each of them for each day, so 3 different meals will be cooked in my house "because they wont like it" she doesn't even know what we plan on cooking yet!

**** that shit, my mom and my brother cause it, no way would I put up with that from my kids

• Like 4

Got a speeding ticket today through the post. Shockingly on the M6 motorway around Junction 11. Travel on there about 3 times a week if I'm not WFH. Always thought, it'll be coming soon, an I'm certainly not a speeder, most of the time use my Cruise control adjusting as speed limits change, so bleeps if I go over. My issue? From Wolvohampton, goes from National speed limit to 60mph to 50mph, 40mph if lots of traffic, back up to 60mph, a bit of National speed limit, back to 50mph past spaghetti, through the miles of bumps in the road, back to 60mph then back to 50mph and I think then national speed limit. I mean are they just looking for fines to pay for the Walsall junction they have just built, making it no better if not worst with traffic I might add.

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Completely understand - I’ve just never done that.  I don’t know our top scorer ever (Gabby in the PL… I think I’ve heard the name of the all time top scorer but can’t remember), don’t know the record appearances by position etc. let alone stuff like record attendance or highest season points total.

Aitken’s career ended about 10 years before I was born, and I started supporting Villa around the age of 7 I think - so you’re talking a good 17 years and no-one spoke about him then at all.

The players I remember from back then were Yorke, Bosnich, Ehiogu et al. 

Both my Dad and Grandad are/were mad Villa fans. My Dad had trials for them in the 60s

When I was 8 or 9, these were part of my Xmas present haul! I watched/read these all the time. I can probably still name 50 pre-war Villa players!

S-l1600.jpg

DSC-0849-cf33b402-51f3-49a3-a32f-891ddc9

41-QQU71u0-AL-AC-UF1000-1000-QL80.jpg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Got a speeding ticket today through the post. Shockingly on the M6 motorway around Junction 11. Travel on there about 3 times a week if I'm not WFH. Always thought, it'll be coming soon, an I'm certainly not a speeder, most of the time use my Cruise control adjusting as speed limits change, so bleeps if I go over. My issue? From Wolvohampton, goes from National speed limit to 60mph to 50mph, 40mph if lots of traffic, back up to 60mph, a bit of National speed limit, back to 50mph past spaghetti, through the miles of bumps in the road, back to 60mph then back to 50mph and I think then national speed limit. I mean are they just looking for fines to pay for the Walsall junction they have just built, making it no better if not worst with traffic I might add.

Should have paid the M6 Toll :D 

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Both my Dad and Grandad are/were mad Villa fans. My Dad had trials for them in the 60s

When I was 8 or 9, these were part of my Xmas present haul! I watched/read these all the time. I can probably still name 50 pre-war Villa players!

S-l1600.jpg

DSC-0849-cf33b402-51f3-49a3-a32f-891ddc9

41-QQU71u0-AL-AC-UF1000-1000-QL80.jpg

Wrong video there chap. 😂

Tape.png

• Haha 1

Â