Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I saw a guy carry on a normal (non-folding) bike and 2 25kg bags on a Waterloo underground train on Tuesday.  I still don't understand how he did anything with it all once he got off the train..

Why did you weigh his bags for him?

14 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Madri on draught is the one every pub has now, must be cheap, taste like shit. My pal told me it's made by Carling and basically the old Carling recipe.

THis is just the latest "premium lager" that'll be the cool thing to drink until it gets popular.

Used to be Peroni, then that got popular, then it was Moretti, that got popular. Now it's Madri

I drink them so I can't really complain :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Madri on draught is the one every pub has now, must be cheap, taste like shit. My pal told me it's made by Carling and basically the old Carling recipe.

Just been in the supermarket, and the bloke in front of me at the checkout had multipacks of Madri and Carling in his trolley. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

THis is just the latest "premium lager" that'll be the cool thing to drink until it gets popular.

Used to be Peroni, then that got popular, then it was Moretti, that got popular. Now it's Madri

Madri is so last year, we've moved onto Cruzcampo down here.  Suddenly sprung up from out of nowhere.

Guinness do a coffee beer now, I've wondered if it's any good but don't want to waste money getting a pack of 4 if it tastes minging.  Lidl have got Budvar Dark on at the mo, now that's right up my alley.

Edited by sharkyvilla

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just been in the supermarket, and the bloke in front of me at the checkout had multipacks of Madri and Carling in his trolley. 

:puke:

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Is it though? I'd have Madri as replacing San Miguel which really replaced Stella and kronenberg which were the step up from carlsberg, fosters and carling 

Not sure I'd put it in the posh category, my old local replaced peroni with camden

Edited by villa4europe

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Is it though? I'd have Madri as replacing San Miguel which really replaced Stella and kronenberg which were the step up from carlsberg, fosters and carling 

Not sure I'd put it in the posh category, my old local replaced peroni with camden

I'm afraid I'm correct. As decided by me

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Madri is so last year, we've moved onto Cruzcampo down here.  Suddenly sprung up from out of nowhere.

Guinness do a coffee beer now, I've wondered if it's any good but don't want to waste money getting a pack of 4 if it tastes minging.  Lidl have got Budvar Dark on at the mo, now that's right up my alley.

kenneth-williams.gif.26ecd915f1cd22111536e64584f713af.gif

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Estrella Galicia is the next one.

Both have been available for a while now in a few of the pubs round Cheshire I visit, and yes both just popped up out of nowhere.

Is it a case of retiring one shite beer and relaunching it a year or so later with a slight tweak in the recipe but under a different name?

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did Stella ever get replaced? You really can't beat a bottle of Stella on Christmas day, which ironically is what you'll be doing later when you get a bit aggressive.

• Haha 1

I quite like the Cruzcampo :(  Had a lovely pint of it in Seville on a glorious day so there's a good chance there's a bit of the proustian positive association with the drink whenever I've had it. Or maybe it's one of those beers that's nice locally but shite when it travels

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Both have been available for a while now in a few of the pubs round Cheshire I visit, and yes both just popped up out of nowhere.

Is it a case of retiring one shite beer and relaunching it a year or so later with a slight tweak in the recipe but under a different name?

Just Googled it and Cruzcampo is brewed by Heineken so you're probably right.  They bought it off Guinness, funnily enough.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I can confirm Estrella Galicia is a genuine Spanish beer though.  Had it out there in 2018.

I first noticed it in the UK last year and now it's everywhere.

• Like 1

Â