Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

There may be ales that I could tolerate, maybe my palate will change as I get older.

Maybe. OK, you'd expect an old codger like me to be an alehound, but I've loved the stuff since I was in my teens. @il_serpente is right, though - some food requires lager (Warsteiner is my preference), but most needs wine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

We bought my daughter some playdough today. It’s a child’s toy, and it only cost £2.

Watching her immediately mix all the colours together was still irrationally painful.

Wait until it’s all dried up in tiny pieces all over your floors and ground into your rugs and carpets. 
I hate that stuff with a passion!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Wait until it’s all dried up in tiny pieces all over your floors and ground into your rugs and carpets. 
I hate that stuff with a passion!

I used to hate it when people used to buy it for our kids at Xmas or whatever. As you say evil stuff. I love the smell and texture of it myself , but hated the mess from it. 

• Like 1

It's not raining.

The weather said it would be hammering down today, all day. Now it's hammering down all morning and drizzly afternoon. Yet outside, not a drop.

Todays work is weather dependant so it will be annoying to get ready for work and leave only to end up back home in a few hours if it waits until we get there before the heavens open.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I used to hate it when people used to buy it for our kids at Xmas or whatever. As you say evil stuff. I love the smell and texture of it myself , but hated the mess from it. 

90% chance someone gave it their kids, they never let them open it and they re-gifted it to get it out of the house.

• Like 1

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

It's not raining.

The weather said it would be hammering down today, all day. Now it's hammering down all morning and drizzly afternoon. Yet outside, not a drop.

Todays work is weather dependant so it will be annoying to get ready for work and leave only to end up back home in a few hours if it waits until we get there before the heavens open.

We’ve got up and went down yard and gaffer basically said forget it. It’s been pissing down for hours here and doesn’t look like it’s stopping anytime soon .

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's not raining.

It’s been very stormy here all night. Heavy rain and strong wind still going.

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yep, probably right there. Kids don’t play with it how we used to(play doe) that is . 

We used to do that sort of thing. When someone got them some glue and glitter and millions of pieces toy we’d hide it until they forgot about it then give it someone else for their birthday :lol: 

• Haha 2

On 18/10/2023 at 15:41, BOF said:

I think this one is more an Irish pricing thing than a UK thing.  Whatever about alcohol. It's a pub. You do you. But soft drinks being the same price, or often dearer, than alcohol. That should be illegal. Especially when you're pretending to try and promote no drink driving in suburban/rural pubs and I know soft drinks cost you comparitively the square root of **** all retail. Incentivise the soft drinks. But no, they'd rather absolutely squeeze every **** penny they can out of the poor sod who; for whatever reason; has to be on the orange pop that evening. Even the alcohol free stuff should be a lot cheaper than it is, given your purchase price/taxation is significantly affected by alcohol content.

When I worked in a pub, a lager shandy was the same price as a pint in the till.

I used to put it through as a half pint of lager + mixer of lemonade which reduced the price by about 25%.

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Just to be clear, I don't actually pick up dog shit with an unsheathed hand, I use a dog poo bag over the hand. Its a minor thing that doesn't even register as an irritation.

Yep, it really is no big deal. Everyday I go out poop bag over hand then collect the shit then go and put it in the public bin over the road from us. The only annoying part is when you’ve had days like today where’s it’s hammering it down and it’s pointless trying to collect it up. 

29 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

This x 10,002 for me as well. I just don't understand the appeal of pets/owning an animal.

It’s not for everyone I admit. It can be frustrating at times but imo they are an integral part of the family and the house wouldn’t be the same without one. I’ll always have dogs, I enjoy their company and the walks too much . 

• Like 1

Â