Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

47 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This cheers me and pisses me off. The side of our house can only be reached via a neighbour's property. When we moved in we asked them for access for a couple of weeks to be able to lay a patio, it stretched to 6 weeks and rightly so they were **** off. 

Now we have had a leaky roof and there has been investigative work to ascertain where it comes from and all investigative work is via a ladder on their property. The husband is a grump and his wife has actually been in tears over it. We need now to have scaffold erected on their property for a day to have a flue reflashed and that should resolve it. It pisses me off that we have to do this. It cheers me up that I am making my wife have this difficult job of talking to them. Well she deals on a daily basis with difficult conversations. She is talking to them now and I suspect drama. 

Legally they can't stop is but I don't want to pull out the words removed move until I need to. 

Not fun. I don't envy you, but you know how important leaks can be. Had a very similar problem in our last house and it cost thousands to clean up the damage from the flashing that had come loose. So you're doing what you must. Go for a run or drive the car (alone) in the country and do primal screams to get the frustration out if you need lol. I can understand feeling pissed about the situation. It sucks to have be dependent on others and then have to press it, but it's probably just pride gnawing at you -- it would me. Let the neighbors be grumpy and in tears if they have to. It doesn't mean things need to break down. Everyone's entitled to their feelings. A tough one. You have my sympathy and admiration for keeping your cool so far. @Davkaus's idea is brilliant.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I do admire a good, tidy but not too tidy mustache, especially the sort English men wore in the first world war. I don't know why, but they always seems so debonair to me. Couthinho sometimes sports one like this. Handsome.

spacer.png

spacer.png

AttemptedMustachealbumcover.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I do admire a good, tidy but not too tidy mustache, especially the sort English men wore in the first world war.

No Englishman would have a mustache. 

It would be a moustache. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A week ago the postman dropped off a parcel for someone down the street from me who apparently wasn't in. This isn't someone I know, as far as I'm aware they basically don't go out (marginally more hermit than me, who only rarely goes out). I've genuinely never seen this person, a fortnight ago I'd have bet decent money the house was empty, and it's always had the atmosphere of wanting to be left alone - high hedge all round, curtains closed, gate closed. So I've got this parcel, just sat in the house, getting in the way, annoying me. I'm not going to deliver it. I guess they might be on holiday, though I doubt it somehow. And if they aren't, it's been a week now and they've not come to get it. I'm not delivering it, I'm not a postman. Just looking at the parcel leant against the door pisses me off. Having to move it pisses me off. I want to put it out of the way somewhere but the thought of the knock and someone I've never met asking for it and me having to disappear and rummidge around to get it pisses me off.

I'm not in a good mood.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

A week ago the postman dropped off a parcel for someone down the street from me who apparently wasn't in. This isn't someone I know, as far as I'm aware they basically don't go out (marginally more hermit than me, who only rarely goes out). I've genuinely never seen this person, a fortnight ago I'd have bet decent money the house was empty, and it's always had the atmosphere of wanting to be left alone - high hedge all round, curtains closed, gate closed. So I've got this parcel, just sat in the house, getting in the way, annoying me. I'm not going to deliver it. I guess they might be on holiday, though I doubt it somehow. And if they aren't, it's been a week now and they've not come to get it. I'm not delivering it, I'm not a postman. Just looking at the parcel leant against the door pisses me off. Having to move it pisses me off. I want to put it out of the way somewhere but the thought of the knock and someone I've never met asking for it and me having to disappear and rummidge around to get it pisses me off.

I'm not in a good mood.

On 22/07/2023 at 07:28, Stevo985 said:

Any new piece of tech being labelled as AI by the media. 

It’s a term that’s being bastardised into meaning nothing. 

I think it's AI media doing it so that we lose our fear of AI through desensitisation and that's how it wins!!

Conspiracy-theorist-1024x580.jpg

• Haha 3

If I book travel via work I only have the option for tube travel for multi zones, its a bit expensive and I feel pointless as I go from Euston to Moorgate, all in Zone 1. I tap my phone in and out and the return is a little over a fiver. Obviously there is no ticket involved and from what I am reading, TFL will be phasing out paper tickets anyway (could be wrong on this point, its a minor detail so don't focus on it you pedantic shits). Regardless, so I submit a screen shot of the transaction from my bank for expenses, unsurprisingly it was rejected and now in the future I have to buy a multi zone ticket for travel in zone 1. I may just take taxis and tell them to go **** themselves.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I'm not in a good mood.

I've had a couple parcels stated as 'delivered to a neighbour' without saying which neighbour it was, so there's a chance your neighbour might not know you have his parcel and therefore can't collect it. If it's annoying you, why not deliver and be rid of it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

Could just.. deliver it? 

34 minutes ago, brommy said:

I've had a couple parcels stated as 'delivered to a neighbour' without saying which neighbour it was, so there's a chance your neighbour might not know you have his parcel and therefore can't collect it. If it's annoying you, why not deliver and be rid of it?

From OP, sounds like it's a hermit-off.  One party not socially comfortable enough to pass on the mis-delivered parcel, the other party not socially comfortable enough to collect their missing parcel.

• Like 2

I'm not delivering it. I'm not a postman. They want their parcel they can come get it. I'm not walking down the street with their package to give it to them. I wouldn't expect anyone to bring me my parcels in that situation, I had to go do the embarrassing 'sorry I think a parcel was dropped off for me?' thing with the neighbours before now, I'm not someone else's servant.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'm not delivering it. I'm not a postman. They want their parcel they can come get it. I'm not walking down the street with their package to give it to them. I wouldn't expect anyone to bring me my parcels in that situation, I had to go do the embarrassing 'sorry I think a parcel was dropped off for me?' thing with the neighbours before now, I'm not someone else's servant.

I get that you have your own foibles so probably think about these things differently to most people. 

But just to put a slightly different spin on it. 

I had this same situation but I was the person who had ordered the parcel. The postman never left a note saying itd been delivered so it only occured to me a few weeks later, what happened to that thing I ordered. 

I then contacted the company and found out it had been at our neighbours all that time and duely went and picked it up. 

So the person might have no idea where the parcel is at this stage and might not for a few weeks yet. So the only way out of your current frustration might be to take control of the situation. Could you not just leave it on the doorstep or behind the bins with a note or something?

• Like 2

Â