Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Why do people keep crashing. M6 closed off Friday coming back from Manchester, an today M42 closed because another knobber probably not paying attention. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/reported-road-accidents-vehicles-and-casualties-tables-for-great-britain#factors-contributing-to-collisions-and-casualties-ras07

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

Why does the go-to place to store letters seem to be down the side of the microwave? I swear all of my local takeaway menus are now radioactive.

I would assume because you or someone you live with chooses to store them there? 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I can honestly say I have never left a letter or takeaway menu down the side of the microwave. 

God created a drawer below the cutlery for these things.

Letters, if needed to be kept are filed in the filing cabinet, if its short term info, a picture of it is taken, then like everything else it goes in the recycle bag. Takeaway menus are kept on my phone, as it is 2023 and the internet exists.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Letters, if needed to be kept are filed in the filing cabinet, if its short term info, a picture of it is taken, then like everything else it goes in the recycle bag. Takeaway menus are kept on my phone, as it is 2023 and the internet exists.

I do the same with important letters, I take a photo and then throw it away. Google photos is amazing because the search function can read the letter text so to recover it I just need to search for a word I know will be on it and hey presto, it’s there.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2023 at 18:29, foreveryoung said:

Why do people keep crashing. M6 closed off Friday coming back from Manchester, an today M42 closed because another knobber probably not paying attention. 

Don’t get me started.

I was stuck for 75 minutes Tuesday on the south bound M42 when the accident happened on the northbound!

Four hours later I’m going home and signage says junction 6-8 still closed! Thought I’d get off at six and go the long way round. Took another **** hour and twenty minutes just to get off.

if only someone had the foresight to put a “leave motorway now “ sign at junction five.

Pissminstrels.

Only thing at the side of my microwave is the warranty and instruction sheet for the microwave and the warranty for the George Foreman that lives on the microwave.

Was at a Auctions in Wilmslow today, Simon Charles, a work colleague was collecting some items, it was early so I thought I'd go along for a look. He was saying it's all the stock from the nightingale hospital that was supposed to open in the pandemic. Well, shocked is not the word, he bought 4 cabinets for £4.50 each, they were proper hospital cabs, apparently £600 each. There was electric hospital beds, defibrilators on pallets, frames that hold the drugs, wheel chairs, even the medical fridges all brand new, massive warehouse full. I've been online and true enough its all going for pennies.

Now the piss me off bit is, surely the NHS can do better than throw it all in an auction, there's new hospitals that could use it, care homes, charities.Guy at the auction said it's all gone there as it was costing £50k a month to store at a warehouse. Again another example of how so much money is wasted in the NHS, probably cause some director/manager cannot be bother with the effort of selling it off or transferring it to other hospitals. Mrs said half the stuff for sale could have gone to her hospital, as they are missing loads, what was for sale is what they need.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

I guess it's owned by the specific trust, and they just need rid of it, and from their perspective it makes no difference if it goes to another trust or anywhere else. One of the many drawbacks of our healthcare service is every trust is its own petty kingdom, with little incentive to collaborate with other trusts.

Or it's covid emergency stock, bought at bumper prices, that's made of Chinesium and is not fit for actual hospital use. Probably the first one though.

If I had the details and proof of the sales prices I'd be forwarding it on to some journalists, personally, just 'cause I'm a bit of a shit stirrer. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I guess it's owned by the specific trust, and they just need rid of it, and from their perspective it makes no difference if it goes to another trust or anywhere else. One of the many drawbacks of our healthcare service is every trust is its own petty kingdom, with little incentive to collaborate with other trusts.

Or it's covid emergency stock, bought at bumper prices, that's made of Chinesium and is not fit for actual hospital use. Probably the first one though.

If I had the details and proof of the sales prices I'd be forwarding it on to some journalists, personally, just 'cause I'm a bit of a shit stirrer. 

Just a few, as a warehouse full was sold today for pittance apparently.

https://simoncharles-auctioneers.co.uk/auctions/10255/medical-beds-and-equipment-auction-featuring-defibrillators-medical-beds-and-medical-fridges

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Was at a Auctions in Wilmslow today, Simon Charles, a work colleague was collecting some items, it was early so I thought I'd go along for a look. He was saying it's all the stock from the nightingale hospital that was supposed to open in the pandemic. Well, shocked is not the word, he bought 4 cabinets for £4.50 each, they were proper hospital cabs, apparently £600 each. There was electric hospital beds, defibrilators on pallets, frames that hold the drugs, wheel chairs, even the medical fridges all brand new, massive warehouse full. I've been online and true enough its all going for pennies.

Now the piss me off bit is, surely the NHS can do better than throw it all in an auction, there's new hospitals that could use it, care homes, charities.Guy at the auction said it's all gone there as it was costing £50k a month to store at a warehouse. Again another example of how so much money is wasted in the NHS, probably cause some director/manager cannot be bother with the effort of selling it off or transferring it to other hospitals. Mrs said half the stuff for sale could have gone to her hospital, as they are missing loads, what was for sale is what they need.

Doesn't fit the tick box acquisition process. 

• Like 1

Reading in to it, Avensys look to be the procurer and responsible for the storage of the Nightengale equipment. Seemingly they were offering out some of the equipment on a free basis and retaining the rest should the pandemic require further hospitals. Their report indicates though that hospitals etc may want the equipment, but do not have the storage, whereas they have a 50,000sqft facility. Avensys do actually sell and resell used equipment via their own shop, at a fairly high price, not saying that Forever Young isnt right, as clearly there are 410 medical items for sale on that auction website, but the company that was tasked with managing the nightengale assets are also selling used equipment on their website.

Link to a pdf detailing what next for the equipment.

https://www.avensysmedical.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/pp29-31-csjjun21.pdf

Â