Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

All part of VT Patronising Week. 

Seriously, I'm married to a Devon lass, and so is one of my best (Brummie) mates. When we get together, the four of us continually take the piss out of our own accents. 

Don't worry, I know you didn't mean anything by it.

It's just one of those things that always annoys me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Let's not make this an argument about which accent is worse though. That'd be like two kid's arguing that they're fatter and uglier than the other.

We both lose.

Haha, no, no.. we won't argue about that!

We all know the West Country accent is the shittest, thickest, wankest accent!

😊👍

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

At least you get some interesting characters in films and TV though. All we get is either Pirates or Doc Martin.

And farmers 👍

Ordered a shirt from Villa online shop two days ago, £4.95 delivery in 2-4 business days and a 99p handling charge. Estimated delivery now 29th March. How can they charge a fiver extra for snails pace delivery. Worse than ordering from Sports Direct 

I buy one every year for my lads collection for when he grows up. Might drive to the shop next year, if its still there

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Must only be on you rich folks' fancy phones, 'cos it ain't on mine. 

23 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Mine doesn't either. I'll just stick to walking into Our Price and humming it to the girl behind the counter.

It's (currently) a Google Pixel thing

22 hours ago, Anthony said:

I used to work in Our Price and people would hum things to me. I remember this huge tank of a guy coming in and just generally looking intimidating as ****. He then asked me if I knew this thing that had been going round in his head. I expected it to be some crap pop-rap stuff which I wouldn't know, causing him to lamp me, but it turns out it was Vangelis Conquest of Paradise. I recognised it and found it for him. He had the biggest grin ever. Good times.

YOU ARE HIM!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

My mother is making me irrationally angry at the moment. 

Her neighbour is called Charlotte. 

For some reason she pronounces is SharLOT, with a heavy emphasis on the LOT. 

I don't know why she does it and I don't know why it annoys me but it does. 

There's a road in the centre of Liverpool called Great Charlotte St

Scousers of a certain age call it Sharlotty St 

Grates every time I hear it.

Had to repaint the guest room, which entailed moving everything out, including around 1000 lps.

Bought a new Kallax unit for extra space, now the records are back in the cubes but all over the **** place alphabetically.

Could be a long weekend.

• Sad 2

Pissing about with both my new and old broadband providers because the new one didn’t inform the old one that I was leaving (despite them assuring me in both a letter and an e-mail that they would contact them on my behalf).

I will be charged an extra month from my old provider (after I did what my new provider said they would do). 

My new provider will reimburse me, but **** me it took way too much effort to get this sorted.

The beginning of a beautiful new friendship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Pissing about with both my new and old broadband providers because the new one didn’t inform the old one that I was leaving (despite them assuring me in both a letter and an e-mail that they would contact them on my behalf).

I will be charged an extra month from my old provider (after I did what my new provider said they would do). 

My new provider will reimburse me, but **** me it took way too much effort to get this sorted.

The beginning of a beautiful new friendship.

I had exactly the same recently moving from Sky to Vodafone. Took me an.hour on the phone and an official complaint but eventually got it all sorted. Such a faff.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

My mother is making me irrationally angry at the moment. 

Her neighbour is called Charlotte. 

For some reason she pronounces is SharLOT, with a heavy emphasis on the LOT. 

I don't know why she does it and I don't know why it annoys me but it does. 

My in-laws do that with our daughter.  I think they do it because they think it sounds posh (they're quite well-to-do Oxbridge folk).  It really annoys me and my wife.  But it really, REALLY annoys our daughter who always tries to correct them.  She tells them off and they manage to say it properly a few times but quickly revert back to SharLOT.  Ffs...it's not difficult.  Even the BBC pronounce Princess Charlotte correctly.

33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I had exactly the same recently moving from Sky to Vodafone. Took me an.hour on the phone and an official complaint but eventually got it all sorted. Such a faff.

Yep, that’s who I’ve gone to. Something to do with the fibre cable was the reason they gave. It being a new line so they didn’t need to tell my existing provider. Or something. 

They just didn’t bother to tell me that.

Look at us, some men bond through war. But in our case, instead of fighting in ‘Nam, our kinship is flourishing this year by us turning 40 together and being ****ed around by Vodafone.

• Haha 1

Just saw a Google news story about foul slapper Katie Price. 

Now considering her last court appearance had added woe - is-me regarding her being bankrupt, I'm shocked and stunned not only to see her cavorting in a pool in Thailand, but she's also found the cash to have yet another plastic surgery on her gargantuan (no longer) fun bags. 

It now looks like she has two mishapen zeppelins grafted to her ribcage. Someone somewhere must be telling the thick scutter she looks hot. 

Probably Stevie Wonder. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just saw a Google news story about foul slapper Katie Price. 

Now considering her last court appearance had added woe - is-me regarding her being bankrupt, I'm shocked and stunned not only to see her cavorting in a pool in Thailand, but she's also found the cash to have yet another plastic surgery on her gargantuan (no longer) fun bags. 

It now looks like she has two mishapen zeppelins grafted to her ribcage. Someone somewhere must be telling the thick scutter she looks hot. 

Probably Stevie Wonder. 

She really has become a parody of herself and I wouldn't touch her with yours.

25 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, that’s who I’ve gone to. Something to do with the fibre cable was the reason they gave. It being a new line so they didn’t need to tell my existing provider. Or something. 

They just didn’t bother to tell me that.

Look at us, some men bond through war. But in our case, instead of fighting in ‘Nam, our kinship is flourishing this year by us turning 40 together and being ****ed around by Vodafone.

Sounds exactly the same as for me as I upgraded to fibre.

• Like 1

I had a very bad experience with Vodafone which led to me losing all composure and becoming completely out of character when raging at a call centre operative.

Vowed never to use them again. Sorry if anyone has just joined them. Hopefully they have improved by now. 

1 hour ago, chomer said:

My in-laws do that with our daughter.  I think they do it because they think it sounds posh (they're quite well-to-do Oxbridge folk).  It really annoys me and my wife.  But it really, REALLY annoys our daughter who always tries to correct them.  She tells them off and they manage to say it properly a few times but quickly revert back to SharLOT.  Ffs...it's not difficult.  Even the BBC pronounce Princess Charlotte correctly.

Ahhh. My mum is super posh so maybe it's a posh thing. 

Â