Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Couldn't that be automated in some way? 

No, sadly not. Each area (over 150 of them) has bespoke dispatch actions and the software is not user friendly. The actions themselves are ok, you can copy similar areas and make minor adjustments, that bit is fine. Its the final stage when I copy the whole schedule of actions from the test fleet to the main fleets, every area needs an ofload stage at the very begining of the actions, which can only be added at the end, unfortunately, it places at the bottom of the stack and has to be moved click at a time to the very top and then saved.

It's just taken me 4 hours to do this, it's an absolute ball ache.

But if this passes final testing tomorrow then I'll probably not have to do a job this big in the next few years. Even with a whole new licensed district coming online possibly as soon as next month, I won't have to doi all 150 areas just about 10 and some minor tinkering in the surrounds.

The whole thing has taken the best part of a month as my main project, it's the last 4 hours that really are the grimmest

A young woman at work stuck an Instagram post asking if anyone had a recipe for protein pancakes. 

She actually went online to pose that question.

Never heard of google, love ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

A young woman at work stuck an Instagram post asking if anyone had a recipe for protein pancakes. 

That's called wanting to let everyone know how healthy she is.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I know it's bad (and it's the sign of the times), but I have somehow grown to be annoyed with people asking most trivial questions now considering the ease of access to the internet.

What time is MasterChef on tonight? Just check.
How long should I boil those potatoes? Just check.
How much is that phone? Just check.

Obviously I am all for making conversation, but most things can be answered with most minimal research.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Classic opportunity for LMGTFY. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Classic opportunity for LMGTFY

Might have to Mooney that bit myself 😁

Let me get that for you ?

Edited by mottaloo

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The prospect of the Italy vs England rugby match being postponed due to corona virus... 

22 of us are supposed to be going to celebrate my mates 50th...

I will be gutted if it’s cancelled 🙁

There's talk of cancelling the Olympics. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

The prospect of the Italy vs England rugby match being postponed due to corona virus... 

22 of us are supposed to be going to celebrate my mates 50th...

I will be gutted if it’s cancelled 🙁

The Italy Ireland match has been postponed so it's looking more and more likely unfortunately :( 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

seems a bit of overkill , there's been 6 deaths in Japan ,  you stand a higher chance of death from being  shot by a US postal worker than this virus .

Yeah but having thousands and thousands of people travelling to and from the country and congregating in large crowds from all over the world probably isn't the best way to stop it spreading.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but having thousands and thousands of people travelling to and from the country and congregating in large crowds from all over the world probably isn't the best way to stop it spreading.

Japan's an island , should be easy enough to contain it  ... can always move the shooting events to the ocean areas in case any of the sailors or swimmers try to make an escape bid   :)

But,  more seriously ,  if they are talking about something in Aug being cancelled in order to contain this  , that's going to be a huge impact on the world as we know it in terms of travel , trade , economies etc   .. seems too early to say for sure if the warmer weather will see the virus slow down like it tends to with other viruses

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Japan's an island , should be easy enough to contain it  ... can always move the shooting events to the ocean areas in case any of the sailors or swimmers try to make an escape bid   :)

But,  more seriously ,  if they are talking about something in Aug being cancelled in order to contain this  , that's going to be a huge impact on the world as we know it in terms of travel , trade , economies etc   .. seems too early to say for sure if the warmer weather will see the virus slow down like it tends to with other viruses

Don't think it's necessarily to contain it. I think that ship has sailed.

Probably just trying to lessen the impact as much as possible.

Couldn’t all the countries just have their athletes do their thing in their own countries, then phone in all the times and distances and weights.

A bit like the second half of the Eurovision Song Contest.

Then we wouldn’t have to invest in so many cutting edge drugs and North Korea could smash a whole bunch of records.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Couldn’t all the countries just have their athletes do their thing in their own countries, then phone in all the times and distances and weights.

Let them all play Daley Thompson's Decathlon on the ZX Spectrum.  The game of champions of a certain age.

• Like 4

Â