Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

One of my earliest posts in this thread was about that. I feel a bit bad about it, as I have friends who have them, but still, I can't help it. 

I was thinking about them the other day, when I saw a guy who had "BO55 DAD" as his. Groan.
(although I guess that's not personalised, but still)

I reckon the only time I would have one is if somebody bought it for me (although if they did they wouldn't know me very well!) or if I bought a car and it's normal numberplate said something like "nob" at the end

I saw a girl in a white A1 with the plate 'WH05 HOT' the other day. I overtook her just to judge for myself. Unfortunately the answer was 'not her'. 

Edited by JB
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've got a pipe pissing water through my kitchen ceiling, and just found out that there are **** bees in one of my walls.

I should just burn the **** house down. The leak would put it out knowing my luck.

I've found a decent tradesman at last. It's not the first leak I've had from the bathroom, for the past 6 months I think I've been chasing 3 or 4 leaks around in the space of a square meter, with the help of a variety of fairly bad plumbers.

This guy turned up when he said he would (must be a first for a plumber!) and suggested ripping the whole mess out and redoing it properly. £150, but that should be the end of the bloody leaks, hopefully. then I just need a plasterer...

People who spin their roles on LinkedIn to make themselves look way better. There's being economical with the truth, and there's flat out lying.

One of the first line desk agents in my my contract, in the UK is listed as an 'IT Operations Analyst'.

Nah, you pick up the phone and troubleshoot basic Windows.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

People who spin their roles on LinkedIn to make themselves look way better. There's being economical with the truth, and there's flat out lying.

One of the first line desk agents in my my contract, in the UK is listed as an 'IT Operations Analyst'.

I do that accidentally :D

My title is "Head of Supply Chain Analytics - Actuation Systems", i.e. the head of analytics FOR Supply Chain FOR Actuation

But the amount of messages and emails I get from people who obviously don't read past the first three or four words and think I'm the head of the entire Supply Chain for this massive company is amazing. I keep getting invites to make keynote speeches at these huge conferences and things like that :D 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I was once the head of regional coordination for the distribution of local media in my area.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RunRickyRun said:

I was once the head of regional coordination for the distribution of local media in my area.

Paper boy? :P

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I enjoy the hot weather, although not so much at work, but I'm lay on bed sweating my knackers off.

Yeah, this morning at work it felt like somebody had slipped a wet wipe in my pants 

I like training/the gym etc, but...the word removed earlier who walked through a crowd of drinkers, smugly drinking his protein shake. What annoyed me was that it wasn't a pre-bottled protein shake, and it wasn't in a protein shaker...it was in the detachable 'jug' part of a blender. 

Why would you do that!? You look like an absolute word removed! Nobody thinks you're cool but everyone thinks you're a clearing in the woods.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I like training/the gym etc, but...the word removed earlier who walked through a crowd of drinkers, smugly drinking his protein shake. What annoyed me was that it wasn't a pre-bottled protein shake, and it wasn't in a protein shaker...it was in the detachable 'jug' part of a blender. 

Why would you do that!? You look like an absolute word removed! Nobody thinks you're cool but everyone thinks you're a clearing in the woods.

People love everybody to know that they go to the gym. Even when you're IN the gym, people seem to show off that they're there. Screaming and shouting and throwing weights around.

Like most things, if you're showing off, the likelihood is that literally nobody is impressed.

Same as when I saw a chav doing a wheelie on his shitty moped through Sutton Coldfield the other day. The only person who thinks that was impressive was him. Everyone else thought he was a prick.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There was a woman in my office earlier this week, drinking water out of the cafetiere. 

I think that deserves a call to HR, she's clearly mentally collapsed under the weight of stress. 

Â