Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My sister's girlfriend.

Whilst I get on with her fairly well, she's a complete attention whore and she's always a stray sentence away from an embarrassment or an argument. She's come out with some beauties like, when I was discussing leaving my car parked at my mom's house for a week while I was on holiday, "Yeah but do you really want to leave your car in Acocks green?!". This was in front of my mom who's lived there for 30 years.

She's incredibly opinionated, and she seems genuinely offended when every conversation isn't about her.

Almost every conversation gets steered back around to how she's training to be a veterinary nurse. It's amazing how much can be linked back to that! It's a real talent. We were talking about a relative who's dying of cancer the other week and yep, you guessed it, "Oh it's like that time I had to help treat a cat with cancer".
it's not though is it?!

My mom fell and broke both of her wrists last week, so needless to say she's out of action for a while. My two sisters and I agreed we'd go round yesterday and spend the day painting part of the house that needs redecorating.
So we all turn up at midday, my one sister has her gf in tow. nothing wrong with that. I thought she'd pitch in and help decorate but she didn't, she went off and watched TV. bit weird, but nothing wrong with that.

She re-emerges two hours later and proceeds to have an argument with my sister because she's bored and she wants to go home.
What was she expecting? They specifically came to decorate.

It's all very tense and weird. We get on, but none of us like her that much and it always feels awkward and like we're treading on egg shells.
We were planning a big family holiday next year, somewhere like Mexico because my mom has barely ever left the British Isle.

But it's at the stage now where my Mom has said if my sister's gf is invited, then she doesn't think it's a good idea.

Awkward.

Do you see it as serious, are they likely to get married, have a future? If so, someone needs to nip shitty behavior in the bud.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My sister's girlfriend.

I was wondering whether the woman in question tended to dress towards the masculine.

If so, it might be easily explained and maybe understood a bit better.

Having strong opinions and indulging in displays of instant moral certainty is very much a masculine trait and very often some gay women do tend to imitate male traits as part of their persona.

If I am way off the mark please just ignore this post.

I just thought it might help. B)

36 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Do you see it as serious, are they likely to get married, have a future? If so, someone needs to nip shitty behavior in the bud.

Agreed, but I guess it's much easier for us to say that when we're not involved. I'd find it very difficult to say anything to my sibling's partners.

Maybe just take the piss out of them a little.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

They certainly see it as serious. I'm inclined to agree.

I would love to nip it in the bud. I would love, as awful as this is to say, for them not to be together.

But how do you approach that? I can't say "Nobody likes her, get rid!"

It's one of those where I can't see how my sister spends time with her without getting ridiculously irritated all the time!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I would love to nip it in the bud. I would love, as awful as this is to say, for them not to be together.

It's one of those where I can't see how my sister spends time with her without getting ridiculously irritated all the time!

She's probably good in the sack. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When you love someone you are sometimes blinded to their incredibly annoying behaviour.

It's a difficult position to be in but your sister won't take kindly to being told that the love of her life is a bit of a clearing in the woods. 

It'll only magnify itself on a holiday where you are with each other a lot more of the time.

Only solution is too kill her and dissolve her body in acid. 

/wise words

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xela said:

the love of her life is a bit of a clearing in the woods

Erm..... I'd say that would have to be a necessity or it wouldn't work ;)

• Like 1

On 29/05/2017 at 17:57, Xela said:

The foot-long Subway I had earlier. Nice at the time.

Must have passed a foot of shit in the last couple of hours. 

I've never had a Subway. The smell outside the shop makes my stomach churn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I've never had a Subway. The smell outside the shop makes my stomach churn.

I know some supermarkets pump the smell of fresh bread around their stores.

Subway have taken this idea and thought 'yes!, we'll pump the smell of warm non-specific meat grease out on to the pavement'.

• Like 4

the fact that when I shopped online yesterday,i paid extra to get next day delivery.i know it was a bank holiday but it said on the site that if you order on a sunday before 1pm you'll get it next day.i placed the order about 10am.no show today and I get an email tonight saying delivery tomorrow.bar stewards.

8 hours ago, krisagg75 said:

the fact that when I shopped online yesterday,i paid extra to get next day delivery.i know it was a bank holiday but it said on the site that if you order on a sunday before 1pm you'll get it next day.i placed the order about 10am.no show today and I get an email tonight saying delivery tomorrow.bar stewards.

get a refund

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I know some supermarkets pump the smell of fresh bread around their stores.

Subway have taken this idea and thought 'yes!, we'll pump the smell of warm non-specific meat grease out on to the pavement'.

I think legally they have to put the word 'meat' in inverted commas.

• Like 1

Subway is lovely.

I think the smell thing is related to age. Seriously. People above a certain age seem to hate the smell, and under seem to love it.

I love the smell :D 

• Like 3

The smell doesn't bother me in the slightest.  In fact I didn't realise 'the Subway smell' was even a thing, any more than any other shop has a smell.  And they're tasty.  But it's muck.  It's every bit fast food masquerading as something marginally better.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Subway is lovely.

I think the smell thing is related to age. Seriously. People above a certain age seem to hate the smell, and under seem to love it.

I love the smell :D 

I love subway. Unfortunately, my local one seems to have a habit of hiring the slowest, grumpiest, dumbest, mumbliest, rudest and most uninterested staff they possibly could.

• Like 1

Â