Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I just love how naive @chrisp65 is that he assumes the thing that's vibrating in her knickers is a phone.

'Hm, those new Nokias look awfully smooth and bullet-shaped.'

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ginko said:

I just love how naive @chrisp65 is that he assumes the thing that's vibrating in her knickers is a phone.

Did she take it out to alter the speed? She needed one of those wi-fi enabled smart ones I posted a story about a while ago.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

hmmm, I don't think I'm naive in these matters.

My wife is a secret agent and often has to work away for days at a time with D'wayne and Shakaal from the same undercover unit. So I get loads of time to look up this sort of stuff.

I'm not stupid.

• Like 1

Problems with neighbours, nothing too dramatic but it is going the right way to pissing me off.

Now I don't smoke anymore, haven't for about two years, my neighbours above me though think it is alright to smoke out of their window and just drop their fags, now they have already burnt the door and I pointed this out to the landlord (who is sound as **** in all fairness) but he used to actually live here and he seems reluctant to mention it to them.

Well I know it seems petty but I've been blasting my music full blast since about 9am this morning and I've only just thought about annoying the words removed upstairs, at the minute I am thinking about turning it up a notch and giving them something to complain about.

I wouldn't normally whinge about something as trivial as this but I'm on the ground floor so they flick their fags and it's me who has to go out and pick them up, if my landlord doesn't do something then I'm gunna start posting them back through their letterbox, I'm giving it one week

I think the last sentence is spot on. 

What type of people are they? You said your landlord seems reluctant to speak to them?

Edited by Xela

10 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I've bought bottled of milk from Lidl and on the back is an Aldi badge :lol:  

They're both fine.  Sometimes the veg isn't great from Lidl, it seems fresher from Tesco in my experience, and like others have said, you can't get everything you need sometimes, but you'll save money going there.

Obvs we Kinda have to shop at Aldi these days. 

The only complaint I have (apart from the already mentioned "you can't always do your whole shop there") is that the veg goes off really quickly. Often significantly quicker than the best before date on the pack. 

It tastes fine if you eat it before this happens, but it annoys me.

Edited by Stevo985

Just the fact that tablet, phone especially and pC I am always having to charge and carry plugs and all sorts with me

drive... stick phone in to socket to get a bit of charge off it

havjng to be the one in meetings who has a phone on the other side of the room plugged in charging or whatever you name it

ok so our demands on our gadgets has increased over time and outs strain on batteries and so forth but come on, a hundred or whatever years of the battery and were still at the point where stuff needs continually charging!? 

Can send that rover thing to mars and ok it's got solar panels but ok you get the picture , all that military tech that passes into the commercial world and my bleeding iPhone can't last half a day without needing the plug in. 

Today I had break down (vehicular, not mental , though the latter may becoming reality if it's 4 figure sum and likely to be) but the fact I wasn't even sure I'd get enough time in my dealings with RAC before it conked out

and then...... plugging it in as I was transported in the flatbed. F----- batteries on phones and gadgets. Just wanna throw that one out there

cant complain in one way, got my gps location off it for the phone call which obviously helped. Still though sod batteries piece of sht

6 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Just the fact that tablet, phone especially and pC I am always having to charge and carry plugs and all sorts with me

:snip: 

ok so our demands on our gadgets has increased over time and outs strain on batteries and so forth but come on, a hundred or whatever years of the battery and were still at the point where stuff needs continually charging!? 

Get better gadgets. I wouldn't own a phone that needed charging multiple times a day.

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

Get better gadgets. I wouldn't own a phone that needed charging multiple times a day.

Have learned this the hard way today. Watching it drop by a per cent every couple of minutes or much sooner if swiping between functions just isn't on. "Only" a roadside emergency today which no more complaints about that, but the dealing with a more serious / family emergency God forbid, this phone wouldn't give me much return of power on which to rely, let alone the hassle of continually charging. iPhone, two years old and "fried" it seems. Planned obsolescence from Apple maybe :detect:

Will be checking reviews after pay day or maybe the pay day after at this rate

I find it incredibly odd that it's now pretty common for mid-range Android phones to surpass the flagships in terms of battery life.

They often not only have slightly slower processors that are much less consuming, but have bigger batteries as well. I'd be going for the Motorola Z Play if I were buying a phone now. £250ish for a comfortable 2 days battery life.

The lack of Birmingham based football shirts in Birmingham sports shops.

I think it’s a bit different nowadays as Sports Direct and the like generally have national stock as opposed to regional, although there was a very small Villa section in the one that I visited on Saturday. It struck me though that I couldn’t see any Blues or West Brom shirts, albeit I didn’t search for them.

The football area was dominated by Liverpool and Man U tops, with Chelsea, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid and Newcastle (Ashley’s influence I presume), all similarly prevalent.

It’s difficult to pin point what annoys me so much about it. I suppose that it encourages glory hunting? OK maybe not encourages but makes it more acceptable. I just think it’s a shame that when all Birmingham based teams have around 20% of the ground empty each week, kids have the easy option to support the latest flavour of the month.

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The lack of Birmingham based football shirts in Birmingham sports shops.

I think it’s a bit different nowadays as Sports Direct and the like generally have national stock as opposed to regional, although there was a very small Villa section in the one that I visited on Saturday. It struck me though that I couldn’t see any Blues or West Brom shirts, albeit I didn’t search for them.

The football area was dominated by Liverpool and Man U tops, with Chelsea, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid and Newcastle (Ashley’s influence I presume), all similarly prevalent.

It’s difficult to pin point what annoys me so much about it. I suppose that it encourages glory hunting? OK maybe not encourages but makes it more acceptable. I just think it’s a shame that when all Birmingham based teams have around 20% of the ground empty each week, kids have the easy option to support the latest flavour of the month.

Even more so now that the Villa New St store has closed.

west broms deal is for exclusive sales rights so no one else can sell their shirts, blues might be the same, my understanding of it is they pay adidas to make their shirts but then they get the increased sales margins rather than it going to sports direct

dont ever let them brag about their adidas deal compared to our under armour one, ours is a different gravy to theirs

the area is a sieve to other teams though, its embarrassing, said before i think if kidderminsters various fanbases were properly split and added up i wouldnt be surprised if blues were below utd and liverpool

When people leave a place of work and decide to go to every single person's desk to say goodbye one by one. Mate, I have spoken to you 3 times in the space of half a decade, just get out will ya...but thanks, thanks for making me suffer such an awkward experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the area is a sieve to other teams though, its embarrassing, said before i think if kidderminsters various fanbases were properly split and added up i wouldnt be surprised if blues were below utd and liverpool

Agreed. The midlands does seem to have more than a fair share of glory hunters. 

You rarely find that in the North. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

The midlands does seem to have more than a fair share of glory hunters. 

You rarely find that in the North. 

Nah, that's wrong in my experience. There are plenty up here, too. I suspect the difference in a way is that there are a number of successful teams located up here. But there are Liverpool, Man U etc. fans all over places like Blackpool, Preston, Bolton, Blackburn....

A few years back there were people in Newcastle shirts all over the place. Chelsea too, Arsenal...it's not much different. Plus of course, how many of the Man U fans in and around Manchester are "glory hunters" and how many are from a long line of Man U fans - i.e. just because they're from the area doesn't mean they're not glory hunters.

• Like 1

Â