Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Pubs that fancy themselves sports bars but are too cheap to shell out for HD, yet decide to put ESPN on their widescreen TVs.

Since ESPN's SD feed is the HD feed letterboxed to fit 4:3, they're giving up some quality to avoid stretching. The bar however then stretches the letterboxed picture to widescreen.

Worse, they're getting cable not DirecTV, so the pq is atrocious to begin with.

• Like 1

Losing texts in the ether.

Is that what you tell yourself when wondering why she hasn't text back?  :P

Nah, my phone tells me when it's failed to pick up messages, but not the quantity. Sometimes I get them days later.

Wanting to be a miserable git as I hate NYE (as stated elsewhere!) but after a few beers, I'm listening to Heart FM with Mark Wright's New Year's Eve party and wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

Help me. 

it needs to become acceptable that you can knock a smart phone out of someone's hand if they are recording something they should actually be watching in the moment

take a photo, put it down, enjoy the show you shallow selfish idiotic mug

Its been said before, but...

rocket polishers recording everything on their mobile phones and tablets. They panned the cameras around the crowd in London when the fireworks went off and about half the crowd had their phones out watching the fireworks through their small screens just so they can upload to facebook and probably never watch again.

Yeah I have a big issue with this as well.

Every concert, sporting event I go I see people watching it through their phones to upload on facebook.

People now would rather show others on facebook they are having a good time rather then ACTUALLY having a good time.

• Like 1

Ha! I remember seeing this a few weeks ago on here and thought of it when I posted

rocket polishers recording everything on their mobile phones and tablets. They panned the cameras around the crowd in London when the fireworks went off and about half the crowd had their phones out watching the fireworks through their small screens just so they can upload to facebook and probably never watch again.

Every concert, sporting event I go I see people watching it through their phones to upload on facebook.

People now would rather show others on facebook they are having a good time rather then ACTUALLY having a good time.

It annoys the shit out of me, more so than it should, but I guess it fits in with the title of the thread!

You're spot on... people would rather portray to others on social media, possibly people they don't know, that they are having a good time rather than enjoying the spectacle with their friends. 

Watching Kevin Kilbane on final score reminds me: blokes who wear shirts with their top button done up when they aren't wearing a tie. Almost always accompanied by three haircuts on the same head. Shouldn't piss me off cos I don't normally give a shit what people wear but something about it gets my goat.

• Like 2

Ha! I remember seeing this a few weeks ago on here and thought of it when I posted

It annoys the shit out of me, more so than it should, but I guess it fits in with the title of the thread!

You're spot on... people would rather portray to others on social media, possibly people they don't know, that they are having a good time rather than enjoying the spectacle with their friends.

That's the nail on the head really

Any decent sporting / music event is basically full of people who are there just to be able to say they were there.... Usually depriving someone who really genuinely wanted to be there of a ticket

I have a rule with friends , a quick snap on your phone and maybe a 30 sec video max is fine ... Bring out an iPad and take pictures / record and I'll be forced to kill you with a blunt spoon... And your children too as they contain some of your genes

I took a video of the fireworks from the top of Primrose Hill as a little keep safe. It was surprisingly easy to hold the camera still above my head and focussed on the fireworks as well as enjoying them through my own eyes. Can't really see an issue with that.

I took a video of the fireworks from the top of Primrose Hill as a little keep safe. It was surprisingly easy to hold the camera still above my head and focussed on the fireworks as well as enjoying them through my own eyes. Can't really see an issue with that.

Keepsake!! Grrr

This is Villa related so I am sorry for bringing it into off topic but..

The posters who moan about the types of corners that Westwood takes, it was the same last year with Bannan. They moan that they take shit corners and should whip them in like its their choice, its fairly obvious that its an instruction from the manager. How can you not **** see that? You think they do what they want?

I should just ignore it, but it really winds me up.

Â