AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

Just watched the pre match show, with Merson.  Have to say it was a very good watch, loved the way he spoke of his fondness for Villa and the Villa fans. Top guy

Watching it now, seems good.

Also a quick question for people, I got given free AVTV from the club, my subscription status is 'Annual Subscription'. 

Does that mean I got it for a year? Could somebody with a yearly sub check their status for me please?

Also a quick question for people, I got given free AVTV from the club, my subscription status is 'Annual Subscription'. 

Does that mean I got it for a year? Could somebody with a yearly sub check their status for me please?

I've got the Annual Subscription, so I'd assume you have it for a year.

Does it say a renewal date or expiration date?

I've got the Annual Subscription, so I'd assume you have it for a year.

Does it say a renewal date or expiration date?

Nope no date which is why I'm confused. Apparently I got a free month of subscription after I canceled because of the mess up with the friendlies, as compensation.

I guess we'll see, but if it was a free month then it should have ran out 2 days ago. Strange indeed!

The pre-match shows are rubbish imo. They're usually  just made up of other videos they've already uploaded.

I was thinking this watching it yesterday, tis poor. Merson gave some pretty shit analysis aswell as mispronouncing every single players name adding a z to wiemann in the process.

I cancelled yesterday after getting august for free in the preseason shambles and i just said in the comments even though a fiver a month isnt a a lot avtv still doesn't offer the content for me to warrant a year round subscription.

Today's "pre-match" show was somehow even more ridiculously awful than usual. A fifteen minute interview with a groundsman about **** all people care about, followed by regurgitated interviews from Lambert and Weimann. It's absolutely ludicrous that they charge £45 a year for this half hearted "service". 

To be fair I actually think it's quite a nice touch to give the groundsmen a bit of exposure and putting it in the pre-match show makes sure people have to watch it. A standalone 'The making of Villa Park's pitch' feature I couldn't see getting too many views!

My biggest issue is I can't get out of my head Jack Woodward being the lovechild of Paul Bettany and Mina Suvari.

Edit: Now I'm watching, I might have to take that sentiment back...

Edited by Sam-AVFC

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3448243,00.html

Aston Villa are looking for a Video Editor/ Camera Operator to work as an integral member of their video team within the Marketing and Communications Department.

The job would involve the day-to-day filming and editing of all aspects of the club's video output across each of Villa's video platforms.

Such platforms include the club's online subscription service AVTV, the International Block TV programme, Villa's official YouTube channel and the club's In-Flight entertainment offering.

The position would also include the production of videos for internal use.

The candidate must have experience of conceptualising and producing features and an understanding of the principles of live video production, including multiple camera set ups and graphic integration.

We would also expect the candidate to have worked in-studio and have experience of lighting techniques and multiple camera interview set-ups.

The role requires a highly motivated individual who is passionate about filming and editing video material.

Attention to detail and patience are also important personal character traits.

A passion for sport, and knowledge of football, is essential as the role will involve evening and weekend work as well as overseas travel.

Key Responsibilities

To be responsible for filming football matches, player and manager interviews, press conferences, shows, features and match-day activities. Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment and lighting prior to filming. Working in both single and multi-camera operational conditions, you will be asked to combine your knowledge of technology with creative visual skills.

To be responsible for editing raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcast across all of Villa's video platforms. Additional post-production responsibilities may include grading/colouring footage, correcting footage, editing audio, creating graphical elements.

To oversee the delivery of the International Block Television programme.

Help to produce and facilitate live video streams of certain U21s and pre-season games.

Skills Required

Wide-ranging television experience.

Highly proficient in the use of Mac products and software, specifically Final Cut and After Effects.

Highly proficient in the use of camera equipment.

Ability to recognise the most suitable shot for any occasion and an understanding of the visual impact created by particular shots.

Ability to frame and compose shots and perform camera moves accurately.

Awareness of new digital technology and filming methods and a willingness to embrace new developments and approaches within video production.

Organisational skills and self/time management skills.

Ability to find solutions to technical and practical problems. When filming on location, for example, it is particularly important to deal with and light and sound issues.

To be comfortable with live outside broadcasts.

Relevant technical skills.

The ability to work to a brief.

The ability to work quickly.

The ability to repair and maintain equipment.

Skills Desirable

Experience of working within a sports/football environment.

Experience in radio/live audio broadcast production.

Please sent your CV and Covering Letter as well as your showreel to lucy.finney@avfc.co.uk. Alternatively, send your CV, Covering Letter and DVD of your showreel to Lucy Finney, Marketing & Communications Department, Aston Villa, Villa Park, B6 6HE.

Skills Required

Ability to find solutions to technical and practical problems. When filming on location, for example, it is particularly important to deal with and light and sound issues.

:)

• 3 months later...

Anyone watched AVTV recently?

the latest pre match show for Fulham is actually really good. Shows different camera angle highlights of the Southampton win, interviews with Lambo and Delph, some good graphics being used etc...

Looks like it has improved, also Villa have decided to go down the Man City route and upload free videos to youtube of the players doing some christmas wrapping challenge which is quite good as well. 

• Like 1

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3448243,00.html

Aston Villa are looking for a Video Editor/ Camera Operator to work as an integral member of their video team within the Marketing and Communications Department.

The job would involve the day-to-day filming and editing of all aspects of the club's video output across each of Villa's video platforms.

Such platforms include the club's online subscription service AVTV, the International Block TV programme, Villa's official YouTube channel and the club's In-Flight entertainment offering.

The position would also include the production of videos for internal use.

The candidate must have experience of conceptualising and producing features and an understanding of the principles of live video production, including multiple camera set ups and graphic integration.

We would also expect the candidate to have worked in-studio and have experience of lighting techniques and multiple camera interview set-ups.

The role requires a highly motivated individual who is passionate about filming and editing video material.

Attention to detail and patience are also important personal character traits.

A passion for sport, and knowledge of football, is essential as the role will involve evening and weekend work as well as overseas travel.

Key Responsibilities

To be responsible for filming football matches, player and manager interviews, press conferences, shows, features and match-day activities. Assembling, preparing and setting up equipment and lighting prior to filming. Working in both single and multi-camera operational conditions, you will be asked to combine your knowledge of technology with creative visual skills.

To be responsible for editing raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcast across all of Villa's video platforms. Additional post-production responsibilities may include grading/colouring footage, correcting footage, editing audio, creating graphical elements.

To oversee the delivery of the International Block Television programme.

Help to produce and facilitate live video streams of certain U21s and pre-season games.

Skills Required

Wide-ranging television experience.

Highly proficient in the use of Mac products and software, specifically Final Cut and After Effects.

Highly proficient in the use of camera equipment.

Ability to recognise the most suitable shot for any occasion and an understanding of the visual impact created by particular shots.

Ability to frame and compose shots and perform camera moves accurately.

Awareness of new digital technology and filming methods and a willingness to embrace new developments and approaches within video production.

Organisational skills and self/time management skills.

To be comfortable with live outside broadcasts.

Relevant technical skills.

The ability to repair and maintain equipment.

Skills Desirable

Experience of working within a sports/football environment.

Experience in radio/live audio broadcast production.

Please sent your CV and Covering Letter as well as your showreel to lucy.finney@avfc.co.uk. Alternatively, send your CV, Covering Letter and DVD of your showreel to Lucy Finney, Marketing & Communications Department, Aston Villa, Villa Park, B6 6HE.

I suppose this is nitpicking but not all of those are skills. All the ones mentioning experience aren't skills. And I hardly think "To be comfortable with live outside broadcasts." is a skill either.

"Relevant technical skills.

The ability to repair and maintain equipment"

are all very vague - yeh, I've got relevant skills and I can work to a brief, work quickly, repair and maintain equipment. Great, you've got the job! 

Hope they get the right person!

Anyone watched AVTV recently?

the latest pre match show for Fulham is actually really good. Shows different camera angle highlights of the Southampton win, interviews with Lambo and Delph, some good graphics being used etc...

Looks like it has improved, also Villa have decided to go down the Man City route and upload free videos to youtube of the players doing some christmas wrapping challenge which is quite good as well. 

Yeah, good pre-game show: Lots of old goals including Albrighton's, and Woodward in a Villa onesie :)

A good view of Delph's pass to Gabby for the first at So'ton. I thought the defender should have cut it out, but it was actually too good a pass for that.

I'm thinking of buying AVTV membership for a year, is it something you guys would recommend? 

Nope, check it out for one month first. I certainly wasn't happy with the product 4 months ago.

But they might have improved, by the sound of it. So I suggest you check it out for a month before you do something as rash as paying for 12. I'm gonna start my subscription again to so how it is now myself :)

Â