AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

It's kind of silly imo. It's actually easier to upload the whole game than to pick and choose moments and put them together, and then upload it. I want to watch that first half again, it was sublime :(

Rob182 thats your opinion, I have mine. They promise a service they're no where near providing, and what they provide is amateur-esque.
Aston Villa is a professional club playing in one of the top leagues in the world and AVTV is a reflection of the club hence the mediocrity they provide is a disgrace.
Maybe you're a season-ticket holder and get it for "free"? I'm paying for the service, and I'm not happy with it. Hence I've canceled my subscription, and you wont be hearing anymore whining from me regarding AVTV on this forum since I'm no longer a paying costumer. I think it's a shame really, because it's a way for me to support the club along with buying merchandise. It's also a way for me who live overseas to connect and get closer to the club or atleast I thought it would.

The Wycombe game didn't have footage, because of a problem with AVTV's provider. The Luton game had live footage, with a few gaps that were fixed quickly, the Crewe game had 90 minutes live without any breaks at all. There will, more than likely, be full 90 minutes live coverage for the Walsall and Shamrock games (or Malaga, I'm not sure which games are being shown).

They then provide 10+ minutes of highlights, or 3 minutes of 'goals only' highlights, as well as a post match interview with Lambert for each game and extra interviews and game footage that you could watch from days, weeks and months gone by.

I don't see how all of the above, for £4.99, is 'a **** disgrace'.

All imo, of course.

I'm just disappointed we only get to see 3 minute highlights from a game that we dominated in where we'd enjoy the 15 minute version.

Whereas on the other foot we get 10 minute highlights from Luton a game which we lost 2-0. It doesn't make logical sense... 

I'd like to see the other chances we had in the Crewe game.. Not just the goals. They didn't even show us the disallowed goal that Luna scored!

I realzie that using the phrase "'a **** disgrace" was way over the top, and for that I apologize. However I think it's a very very poor product they do offer. This is why:

I've been subscribing for more or less two years with some pauses here and there so the interviews from months gone by are completely irrelevant.
They've promised streams of the friendlies back in England, 1 successful stream so far. 
The goals compilation usually doesn't come until late the day after, the highlight compilation comes even later. Crewe highlights are yet to be uploaded.
They do not upload the whole match which simply makes no sense to me. (If it got something to do with opposition scouting the streams wouldn't be up the first place)
The post match interview consists of more or less the same questions every time and Lambert repeating that it's just a run-out(I know I can't blame this on AVTV itself).
The quality of the audio and video in general is less then average. The camera-work is at times horrendous during interviews; shaky, weird zooming etc. Tripod(?!)
The video player often get stuck in loading when you try to view a clip so you have to reload the clip several times before it gets up and running(in my experience).
Very limited youth coverage.
Very limited club coverage, except from a interview with a player who's either new or who signed a new contract which is pretty much a rinse and repeat process of Q&A's.

As for the price, I think it's fair to say I expect to much especially when it comes to contet. However the quality of the media product itself is way below par even  for the low price of £4.99.
It's really a shame that something that has(or have the possibility to have) such an outreach to the fans is so lacking in quality and content. It got amateur written all over it(imo).

Edited by Skruff
  • Like 1

Completely agreed. AVTV has fallen behind other clubs. It is not hard to show the full games afterwards (particularly when you have had interrupted service). No excuse any more, they are just lazy.

How on earth do we change this? Clearly nobody working on AVTV cares so they are a lost cause, is faulkner or doogan (head of media right?) the next step up management wise? It is so frustrating to have a key element of the club in this day and age just run in such a shoddy fashion.

Which other clubs has AVTV fallen behind?

I've only ever seen Man City's service and MUTV.

Do people here know what kind of a service teams like Everton, Newcastle, Fulham, Baggies etc provide? And how much they charge?

(I'm genuinely interested to know)

Do people here know what kind of a service teams like Everton, Newcastle, Fulham, Baggies etc provide? And how much they charge?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Chelsea , ManU, Mancity  for three. I have no idea about other clubs. I am sure if you go looking you can find clubs that have a similarly mediocre service as AVTV if you like. For me I want the best for my club and AVTV is not the best right now, it could be with a little work which is so frustrating.

just wondering that now i've bought my season ticket will i be able to access avtv for free to watch the pre-season games? when does my free subscription activate?

Whos the woman interviewing delph in the latest video, made a nice change from jack i have to say.

Lucy Finney - check page 3 of this thread.

I quite enjoyed the Delph interview actually. More of this kind of content would be really good.

Â