Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

More ruthless? Like signing 6 players before the window even opens, for fairly small amounts?

Well they weren't really well know players from massive clubs so it would be easier to get. Someone on here was saying that Heliums transfer was larger than the yearly turnover from club he came from. They would have been hard pushed to play hard ball.

I hate hearing we were great to deal with

We haven't had to be ruthless to sign those 6 players

With respect, you don't know that. I also find it remarkable that people credit Lambert for signing 6 players but slag off Faulkner when a bid fails. Who do you think bought the other 6? It was Faulkner. All we do know for certain is that he has demonstrated he can get players signed. It's possible to be ruthless while still doing things by the book. They're not mutually exclusive. If we want this guy at all, I've seen enough this summer to tell me we'll do our best to get him. IF we want him at all.

Difference with Benteke was that Genk were open to selling him, just that they had a price in mind that they wanted for him.

If Nuremburg don't want to sell Kiyotake at all, then I can't see us trying to put bids in unless we believe it will unsettle him or make him put in a transfer request. If that does happen, we obviously can't moan if Benteke stomps his feet for a move as it would be exactly the same.

Difference with Benteke was that Genk were open to selling him, just that they had a price in mind that they wanted for him.

If Nuremburg don't want to sell Kiyotake at all, then I can't see us trying to put bids in unless we believe it will unsettle him or make him put in a transfer request. If that does happen, we obviously can't moan if Benteke stomps his feet for a move as it would be exactly the same.

I don't think Genk were overly willing to sell to be honest, they had made big money on De Bruyne & Courtois sales to Chelsea roughly £18m. Now granted Benteke threw his toys out of the pram to force a move, but did admit that if a deal could not be agreed he would be happy to stay at Genk. 

In reference to @shelley_ozzy, think she works or does reports for MOMS, she is also confirming that there is a rumour of a bid being accepted and that we have triggered a release clause, MOMS have been pretty reliable thus far, could have legs this one, someone from H+V did mention we would sign a high profile player this week.  Ill be off to Barcelona so hope to return some good news

In reference to @shelley_ozzy, think she works or does reports for MOMS, she is also confirming that there is a rumour of a bid being accepted and that we have triggered a release clause, MOMS have been pretty reliable thus far, could have legs this one, someone from H+V did mention we would sign a high profile player this week.  Ill be off to Barcelona so hope to return some good news

You bringing Messi back with you?

Ill be at the Nou Camp, if I see him I'll put in a word to wear next season the only claret and blue colours that truly matter

• Like 1

Probably travelling with Bannan to his new club and Iniesta coming the other way...

Probably travelling with Bannan to his new club and Iniesta coming the other way...

Iniesta is the Spanish Bannan.

• Like 2

Am I missing something? Because we don't make illegal approaches and are good to deal with in the transfer market, we're a soft touch? What?

If I was selling my car and the bloke I was selling it to just turned up, hotwired it and drove off leaving an envelope stuffed with money on my doorstep, he wouldn't be ruthless; he'd be making an illegal approach. If the same bloke drove me hard for a bargain and did everything above board, I'd praise him for getting back to me quickly, giving me the money up front and being a good negotiator. He could still be ruthless.

Would be a good signing i saw a bit of him last season i followed those bundesliga highlights most weeks on itv4. But if FCn have told us they have mo intention of selling its gonna be difficult unless he does have a release clause and kicks up a fuss. Similar to our situation with Benteke. If they both end up in our starting XI at the Emirates come mid-august ill be very optimistic about our upcoming season!