Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

No one knew Benteke would have the kind of debut he had for us last year when we signed him - he'd only just broken into the full Belgian side, but he was full of promise. Kiyotake would come from a bit of a more competitive league and has starred at the Olympics (to whatever extent you value international competitions), but similarly is just a prospect at this point in his career. Kiyotake might be a bit more strategic to our kit sponsor and our mktg efforts - but even in those cases, its an investment you make knowing an explosion in merchandising/tourism/interest in Japan is likely dependent on him delivering at Villa. So risk in terms of fee will prob be a touch higher, and the potential reward likewise. We should be clear that Kiyotake is known in Japan, but this isn't the kit sale bonanza you'd expect from Kagawa or Honda...yet because those guys were trailblazers and today half the Japanese squad plays in Germany so the novelty isn't the same. 

I think its an apt comparison to Benteke. I think what matters is that if you place the bet you put it on the right position on the field and it looks like here we would be doing that.

I agree with that logic and might I say it's good to see you back and more regular Ryu. It's been too long!
  • Like 1

Lets hope so but if you consider our club for a minute. Our record sell is 20m for downing but do you think we would sell if a club offered us that for Benteke?

Your example doesn't really work. Benteke has ten times the potential Downing had, and he is a much, much better player (judging by their individual 'best year').

Is Kiyotake better than Klose, Wollscheid or Gündogan?

I don't know, because I don't follow that league. But Unless Kiyotake is better than all of them, it's realistic to think that a £6m-7m bid could tempt them.

Also, I'm certain that Lambert has that type of money available for a player, IF he wants it.

- New TV revenue

- Lots of players off the wage bill (not just this year, but over the last 3 years)

- Considering the amount of players we've brought in, we're yet to spend big (which I believe (hope) means we have funds available)

- We would be in a better bargaining position, to offer Benteke a new contract, if we do spend bigger in an area in the team. Especially AMC, where Benteke would reap the rewards of having a better player behind him!

• Like 1

No one knew Benteke would have the kind of debut he had for us last year when we signed him - he'd only just broken into the full Belgian side, but he was full of promise. Kiyotake would come from a bit of a more competitive league and has starred at the Olympics (to whatever extent you value international competitions), but similarly is just a prospect at this point in his career. Kiyotake might be a bit more strategic to our kit sponsor and our mktg efforts - but even in those cases, its an investment you make knowing an explosion in merchandising/tourism/interest in Japan is likely dependent on him delivering at Villa. So risk in terms of fee will prob be a touch higher, and the potential reward likewise. We should be clear that Kiyotake is known in Japan, but this isn't the kit sale bonanza you'd expect from Kagawa or Honda...yet because those guys were trailblazers and today half the Japanese squad plays in Germany so the novelty isn't the same. 

I think its an apt comparison to Benteke. I think what matters is that if you place the bet you put it on the right position on the field and it looks like here we would be doing that.

I agree with that logic and might I say it's good to see you back and more regular Ryu. It's been too long!

Thanks B. I get lazy sometimes just following what you ,John and others post on FB most of the time!

That report says we've only made an enquiry though, which means we haven't offered money but just asked how much would be required, and Nurnberg have said he's not for sale, just like we said for Milner, Downing and Young, and considering their record transfers are around £6-7m I can't see them selling for much more than £10m, much like I don't think it would take much more than our record transfer (~£20-24m) to get Benteke.

I think we can safely say this one is over now. That's if it was actually true.

Lambert isn't one to **** about and nor will he be impressed with the fact that it has now been made public. We always do our deals in private and only release something once we know it's pretty much done deal.

Nuremberg have come out and said he's not for sale, so we will move on. Wether that means other teams go and make an offer now I don't know, but it won't be us.

(Naturally I hope I'm talking crap and we go back and sign the guy but... still)

Lambert isn't one to **** about and nor will he be impressed with the fact that it has now been made public. We always do our deals in private and only release something once we know it's pretty much done deal.

Nuremberg have come out and said he's not for sale, so we will move on. Wether that means other teams go and make an offer now I don't know, but it won't be us.

(Naturally I hope I'm talking crap and we go back and sign the guy but... still)

We'd get absolutely nowhere in signing players if we gave up after being told the player wasn't for sale. And even if we have had a bid rejected, I would expect us to go back with a higher offer as you don't enter negotiations with an extortionate offer.

Why does Nurnberg saying no mean we are going to just give up? To be honest I don't think Lambert would give two hoots whether the club are fannying around, it's the players he's interested in, if Kiyotake was to fanny about if it came to contracts then I can see Lambert being turned off. Every single one of our transfers has been made public (except Steer) before the announcement, but by foreign press, the only difference here is that Sky have picked up on it too, I don't think we'd pull out because everyone knows about it. Also it's a club policy to keep transfers relatively quiet, it's been the same for 7 years, it's not a Lambert thing, so I don't see him caring if it's gone public either, only if the player uses it to get more money out of us.

Yaaaaay Twitter Bollocks... (From a more "credible Account mind you")

1. #avfc hope to have deal completed by germany departure so he can meet with squad immediately.

2. Busy day at work! Just received a credible message which states #avfc have met kiyotakes buy out clause.

1. #avfc hope to have deal completed by germany departure so he can meet with squad immediately.

2. Busy day at work! Just received a credible message which states #avfc have met kiyotakes buy out clause.

I believe JulieB is running every single ITK account. There's some pretty convinced sounding people. It would be nice if it's true. Then next season Villa are going to be like Mighty Ducks 2, with all these players from different countries. 

Should I create a thread where we list down these twitter accounts with players they have linked us up with? Would really be useful as certain users there is uncertainty about, or just some people know if they are talking crap or not. Would work pretty well, as others could post what they say and we could just update the OP when info comes. Of course, some users we can ignore but there are some regulars. What do you guys think?

Should I create a thread where we list down these twitter accounts with players they have linked us up with? Would really be useful as certain users there is uncertainty about, or just some people know if they are talking crap or not. Would work pretty well, as others could post what they say and we could just update the OP when info comes. Of course, some users we can ignore but there are some regulars. What do you guys think?

Do it, this one is going to catch out a lot i reckon.

Then it will be, well we didn't say it was going to happen things change.. blah blah blah.

I believe JulieB is running every single ITK account. There's some pretty convinced sounding people. It would be nice if it's true. Then next season Villa are going to be like Mighty Ducks 2, with all these players from different countries. 

Well tbh the two accounts that have been pretty sound when it comes to Transfers for us are AVFCTransTweet and My Old Man Said.... All the rest are mainly bullshitters!