Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

Looks like a direct replacement for Barry Bannan, and a capable one too.

How capable do you have to be to replace Bannan?

tumblr_lzqgosZj9w1qgpcag.gif

Here's some trivia. Those two are from Birmingham and one is a Villa fan while the other supports small heath. 

On topic: I can't see this transfer happening.

Here's another trivia for you. You know that Rory Delap? He's got a rather long throw in. ;)

• Like 1

Really hope we sign this guy, watched him about 5-6 times this season with Nüremberg who had a great second half of the season and Kiyotake was very impressive.

Great movement, vision, passing and touch.

It sounds like we're very much assessing our options with regards to bringing an attacking midfielder in. We appear to have made tentative approaches for a number of players, including Kiyotake, Popov, Belhanda and possibly Chadli. I don't expect us to go back in with any concrete offers above £5m until we can shift some of our unwanted players.

That's how I see it too. We do have some athletic players in midfield now, Delph, Bacuna, Sylla etc but maybe we are lacking a bit of craft and guile which is an area we are hopefully looking to address.

Injury? Or was he rubbish, subbed off and not used again?

Japan are building a decent team, but I'd expect this guy to be one of their key players unless he doesn't fit in tactically?

Kagawa and Honda started ahead of him in the confed cup. He came on in the second half of the Brasil game as they tried to play with three creative midfielders to shake things up. He was terrific last year at the Olympics (Kagawa not present) where he really put the team on his back and took them the farthest I can remember a Japanese side going in a major international competition. If you want to see him across a 90m for Japan, the Japan-Iraq qualifier is up on Youtube in its entirety. 

BTW - I think this is precisely why Villa might be attractive to him. Exposure playing in the prem could help him form argument that his presence merits changing formation for the Japan MNT so that he can get more time in Brasil. In a side with two creative midfielders, its tough for anyone to displace the country's two national heroes, unless you become one yourself.

Edited by ryu.yokoi

Doubt this one is happening. Signed last year, three years left and he has made a name for himself down there. Won`t be cheap, and I am not so sure someone from Japan wants to go to England when he got to germany last year. Still want him though, but I don`t see this one either...

It wasn't Kenye was it?

*waves fist angrily!*

Kenye was last seen boarding a flight to Kiev to "have it out" with Belhanda after losing all his mortgage monies betting on him coming to Villa.

The Dafabet advertising is more powerful than I thought!

Latest from Twitter:

ITK TRANSFER @ITK_TRANSFER 58m

Aston Villa have now made a bid for Hiroshi Kiyotake which is being considered by his club. #avfc

ITK TRANSFER @ITK_TRANSFER 53m

@HeartOfTheHolte Roughly 4.5m mate, Think it will be rejectef though, Heard one of your main sponsers has given money towards the deal

It wasn't Kenye was it?

*waves fist angrily!*

Haha no it wasn't me, the only person I've ever mentioned about is Belanda. And that came from my so called source knowing things.

Which is obviously a load of bull**** that I fell hook line and sinker for.

I'm not going to sit around telling crap that he was going to sign etc etc, my source obviously played me along and knew nothing.

Last time I trust him!

That being said, pretty glad we didn't sign him, looks like a bit of a ***** tbh.

Lets hope some real sources have some reliable info on this one.

Latest from Twitter:

Aston Villa have now made a bid for Hiroshi Kiyotake which is being considered by his club. #avfc

@HeartOfTheHolte Roughly 4.5m mate, Think it will be rejectef though, Heard one of your main sponsers has given money towards the deal

Cant see this .. Why would a company Dafabet, based in the Philippines want to pay for a Japanese international?

Latest from Twitter:

Cant see this .. Why would a company Dafabet, based in the Philippines want to pay for a Japanese international?

Kiyotake would expose us to the Asian market... Dafabet as our main sponsor would also get exposure.... That's my guess anyway!!

Latest from Twitter:

ITK TRANSFER ‏@ITK_TRANSFER 58m

ITK TRANSFER ‏@ITK_TRANSFER 53m

Kiyotake would expose us to the Asian market... Dafabet as our main sponsor would also get exposure.... That's my guess anyway!!

It is just bullshit though isn't it.

Asia is an enormous continent with different languages and cultures. Just because we sign a player from one country doesn't mean anyone across the rest of the continent would give a flying ****.

Latest from Twitter:

ITK TRANSFER ‏@ITK_TRANSFER 58m

ITK TRANSFER ‏@ITK_TRANSFER 53m

It is just bullshit though isn't it.

Asia is an enormous continent with different languages and cultures. Just because we sign a player from one country doesn't mean anyone across the rest of the continent would give a flying ****.

Sorry meant the Japanese Market....