Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

It may be a while before we spend a £7million fee on one player and I am including if Benteke leaves for big money.

Not sure on that , I think if benteke goes lambert may spend £10m on a player.

If CB goes I'd hope we'd spend £10m on 3 players

I think if CB goes we'll spend 15-20m on 3 players.

I also think if CB stays we'll splash 5-10m on an attacking midfielder. Which will bring us to our average of 20m per transfer window. 

Edited by KjParton

It may be a while before we spend a £7million fee on one player and I am including if Benteke leaves for big money.

Out of interest Andy what makes you think that? Don't need to go into detail but how bad can things be?

We've chopped out most of the high earners and brought in loads of new faces on low wages.

If we sell Bent, Benteke, and get rid of Given, Ireland, Bannan etc I would have thought there would be a reasonable war chest there.

Plus all the new TV money I don't see how we can still be in the poor house?

I think we'll still see larger signings.

The whole point of the 'Buy young/ cheap/ potential' is so that if/when they are sold, you make a profit, which can be re-invested back into the team.

Once the squad has been filled with Lambert players (and it seems like we're getting close), if we were to continue buying players for £1m-£3m each, then the profits are just going into Lerner's back pocket.

I don't believe that is his intention. It's the new model to help us climb the league.

I am confident that in the next few years, we will see us spending over £6-7m on players. Maybe even £10m+ if Benteke is sold and Lambert has his eye on someone that is worth the outlay.

If that's the case we are going to end  up going down sooner or later

Norwich ,Sunderland and Swansea to name 3 have spent heavily already relative to their history.Only so many bargains you can pick up sooner or later you are going to need the 10mil price players.It's no coincidence that the highest fee we paid last season ,Benteke performed the best and is now the most valued.