Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

Come on everyone, a couple of youtube videos proves absolutely nothing. How consistent was he during the season? Did he only produce against lower table clubs? We could very well be looking at another N'Zogbia if that is the case. Can someone who actually knows something about him post some facts?

Can you make a video of one of our players setting up so many goals from set pieces last season? At a stretch Westwood..

Westwood is difficult but I can make Albrighton look like the next Ronaldo with a few videos. 

Albrighton is still 23 and is a hard worker. Exactly what Lambert likes. Hes a bit of the forgotton man with his injuries. I got a feeling he will come good next season.

Looks like a direct replacement for Barry Bannan, and a capable one too.

How capable do you have to be to replace Bannan?

Put it this way I'd fancy my chances and I'm about 5 stone overweight...

• Like 1

Injury? Or was he rubbish, subbed off and not used again?

Japan are building a decent team, but I'd expect this guy to be one of their key players unless he doesn't fit in tactically?

No idea tbh, I didn't see the half he did play.

Don't think he was injured. 

It's just that he plays in the same position as Kagawa and Honda in that CM/ACM position, floating behind the strikers.

He's behind them in the pecking order so he just has to wait for his chance.

A replacement has already been found for Bannan

ITK my Grandad Arthur is set to be unveiled at BMH in the upcoming days

His 3 yard square pass puts Bannans to shame. Back on topic i have never seen this guy play will he be able to cope with the vigor of the PL? Miyachi didn't exactly pull up many tree's did he

Edited by Fort Boyard

Have to echo the thoughts of most, his set piece delivery and visionary passing is exactly what we lacked last season, also seems to have decent close control so should be able to play under pressure too.  £5m sounds like a fair price to me.

Have to echo the thoughts of most, his set piece delivery and visionary passing is exactly what we lacked last season, also seems to have decent close control so should be able to play under pressure too. £5m sounds like a fair price to me.

But does it sound like a fair price to Nuremberg?

He's only been there a year and has three years left on his contract. He hasn't exactly been a flop and they hold all the cards so I think they might be looking for a bigger offer to tempt them to sell.

I've promised myself not to get too excited about these links after the Belhandi saga :(

The thing is, there was no Belhanda saga, not in the traditional sense anyway. Baros was a saga, as were Vlaar and Angel. The Belhanda saga was just a product of annoying twitter accounts spouting s*** every 5 minutes. 

Edited by Shillzz

My first reaction when someone mentioned him was that Nuremberg would almost definitely not sell.

Bought for a low price. Only been there a year. Huge success story. Fan favourite. In some ways it's a lesser cost equivalent of someone trying to take Benteke from us.

That said there is speculation that there is a clause in his contract (unlike in Benteke's currently I believe) which we may be able to trigger. If he managed to adapt to our league then I'd happily give Nuremberg £6m or £7m for him, which would be a 6 fold increase on their original fee. They have a recent history of letting people go for fees in that region.

For now I'll take it as there is interest but we probably need to ship some out before we go back to them with another offer.

How capable do you have to be to replace Bannan?

tumblr_lzqgosZj9w1qgpcag.gif

Here's some trivia. Those two are from Birmingham and one is a Villa fan while the other supports small heath. 

On topic: I can't see this transfer happening.

It sounds like we're very much assessing our options with regards to bringing an attacking midfielder in. We appear to have made tentative approaches for a number of players, including Kiyotake, Popov, Belhanda and possibly Chadli. I don't expect us to go back in with any concrete offers above £5m until we can shift some of our unwanted players.

• Like 1

It sounds like we're very much assessing our options with regards to bringing an attacking midfielder in. We appear to have made tentative approaches for a number of players, including Kiyotake, Popov, Belhanda and possibly Chadli. I don't expect us to go back in with any concrete offers above £5m until we can shift some of our unwanted players.

That is my reading of it as well.

We have brought in the easy to do signings. The last part of the puzzle is the attacking mid and we need to free up wages before putting in a proper bid but we have inquired about a number of options.