Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

Sky reporting they've said they've rejected our enquiry rather than a bid. The guff from people on Twitter isn't worth taking any notice of.

Sky aren't really that more reliable either  :)

No they aren't. But they are more reliable than people making up stuff in their bedrooms.

I resent that statement...

How can you reject an enquiry? Is that a fingers in the ear job?

Sounds like a way to go on this one, I'm sure we have enquired about a number of players in this position.

Will pull the trigger when certain names have been moved on

How can you reject an enquiry? Is that a fingers in the ear job?

Sounds like a way to go on this one, I'm sure we have enquired about a number of players in this position.

Will pull the trigger when certain names have been moved on

By telling the other club he's available to for £100m...

This seems dead now, however 2 years on his contract, if he refuses to sign a new contract that could change.  But I don't like it when players move on after only one good season at a club.  I am convinced that a quality attacking midfield playmaker is our priority now that we've got in a CB.  We probably have a number of potential targets.  Money probably is an issue, but not so much transfer fees but wages, so a high earner probably needs to be moved on first.

Don't think it's dead if we're genuinely interested.  1.FCN have a history of sniffing out bargain talent then selling it on to generate cash; Timm Klose's already gone this season, Wollscheid went last and looking further back you've got the likes of Gündoğan, Kießling and Misimović (who himself was sold after just one season at the club).  Anything over £6.5 million would be a record transfer fee for them, as well.

If we're genuinely interested.

This is dead, reason, every club says we are lovely chaps to deal with in transfers.

If we get the knock back Faulkner will say 'sorry to have troubled you fellas' and stick the pipe back in the mouth.

Julie B on twitter is saying the following "BREAKING NEWS: Expect Hiorshi Kiyotake 2 b unveiled for Aston Villa 4 a fee of approx 7m Euros or thereabouts in next few days!"

Along with Whittingham I presume? :lol:

Edited by Mantis

This is dead, reason, every club says we are lovely chaps to deal with in transfers.

If we get the knock back Faulkner will say 'sorry to have troubled you fellas' and stick the pipe back in the mouth.

This is true, wish we was more ruthless in the transfer market just like ppl are when they come in for our players

It's not true though. We'll do it properly, yes, but it doesn't mean we won't go back with an improved offer. If we gave up after our initial bid every time, I doubt we'd sign many players.