Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

7 hours ago, sne said:

A acquaintance of mine lived and worked in Israel/Palestine on and off for about a decade and made 2 documentaries during that time. One about life in Hebron and one about the the Israeli peace movement. Both are worth a watch if you can find them.

There was a great documentary, I think it was nominated for the oscars amongst other accolades, called 5 Broken Cameras that I've probably mentioned years ago in this thread. Well worth a watch.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

There was a great documentary, I think it was nominated for the oscars amongst other accolades, called 5 Broken Cameras that I've probably mentioned years ago in this thread. Well worth a watch.

Broken cameras pretty much shaped my entire opinion on the conflict

Its an excellent documentary

• Like 2

That Captain Tom documentary was a bit damming on the family. No doubt they squandered money out the charity, but its as if its never happened before, its just Tom's charity was under the media spot light and they should have known better. Greed aye!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the Beckham documentary. The episode dealing with the fall- out from his sending off against Argentina. The part where is Mother spoke how difficult it was for her to see people abusing her Son like that. It made me think, there is nothing in this World like a Mother's love, absolutely nothing!

• Like 2

Nearly at the end of "The Lost Eichmann Tapes" on iplayer. Regardless of the controversy surrounding Israel today, when listening to first - hand accounts of the atrocities committed by the Nazi's towards the Jews, one can not help but become almost traumatised that Human beings are capable of such sickening sadistic behaviour on such a massive scale. It really does beggar belief when you see dead bodies being bulldozed into a pit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Take Care of Maya last night. A Netflix documentary about a family in America whose child gets ill and they are accused of child abuse. Shocking and really sad. Well worth a watch. 

Edited by markavfc40

That was some Real Madrid side in the late nineties. Just shows you how good Steve Mcmanaman was, he was a mainstay in that side. That's who I always thought Grealish was similar to, in the way he played. 

As Beckham said, "what player wouldn't want to play for them"?

32 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Whilst watching the Beckham doc I was wondering in regards to the Ali G interview, how on earth did I ever think he was funny?

His original 11 o'clock show stuff was great when nobody was in on the joke.  By the time of that interview he'd exploded and had his own show (which was gash).

The Borat rebrand was great until again, everyone know who/what the character was.

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

His original 11 o'clock show stuff was great when nobody was in on the joke.  By the time of that interview he'd exploded and had his own show (which was gash).

The Borat rebrand was great until again, everyone know who/what the character was.

I agree with the "11 o'clock show". It just hasn't aged well, the Ali G character, that is.

Personally, I think the Borat and Bruno characters are much, much funnier. 

I thought Bruno was painfully unfunny personally, had to work a lot harder to get a reaction and even then half the time I didn't think the reaction was because of deep underlying homophobia it was because he was being a clearing in the woods 

Postmaster, docu/program is a good watch. Absolutely devistating what the post office did to those people. The CEO who was at the heart of the scandal, actually got a CBE when she left her role for 'services to the post office, I mean I'm lost for words. Truely shocking the way it was all handled, trusting the Horizon computer system over Post clerks who had been in the job years. A few even had to pay the post office back money that wasn't even stolen, 10's and hundreds of thousands, losing there houses and livelyhoods, an never actually got it back. Compensation was pitance, where are the shit hot solicitors when you need them.

Â