Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Started Watching The Auschwitz Trial on Prime. Grim viewing indeed. Some of those on trial were actually doctors, and yet their capacity for human wickedness absolutely beggars belief. 

You ever read up on mengele?

He had a thing for twins...

I'm sure there's stuff like knowing what level of lead poisons the body comes from these words removed doing it to prisoners

I would be interested if there is anything in modern medicine that is now considered a norm but was actually discovered by them doing terrible things

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2023 at 17:02, sheepyvillian said:

Started Watching The Auschwitz Trial on Prime. Grim viewing indeed. Some of those on trial were actually doctors, and yet their capacity for human wickedness absolutely beggars belief. 

The occupation that has the highest level of psychopaths in it is surgeons.

Also the percentage of CEOs at FTSE 500 companies that are sociopaths is the same as the prison population.

The upper echelons of society is as depraved as any other level, but just hidden by wealth.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/10/2023 at 20:23, sheepyvillian said:

New Gotti documentary on Netflix, was about to watch it when I suddenly realised the rugby was on.

Watched episodes 1 & 2, very good so far. Good hearing from law enforcement and the wiseguys involved at the time.

Sly, on Netflix. Rubbish IMO. Didn't really learn anything new about the guy or his career, just that his Dad was a prick to him.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Watched episodes 1 & 2, very good so far. Good hearing from law enforcement and the wiseguys involved at the time.

Sly, on Netflix. Rubbish IMO. Didn't really learn anything new about the guy or his career, just that his Dad was a prick to him.

What appalled me about the whole Gotti thing was the FBI doing a deal with a serial killer- Sammy- just to get a conviction on Gotti. I mean, 5yrs for killing over ten people. Absolute hypocrisy! 

On 29/09/2023 at 11:05, sheepyvillian said:

Just started the Jill Dando doc on Netflix. The old Bill never had a scooby from the beginning. "I know let's arrest the local weirdo ex skateboarder that used to call himself Steve Austin," honestly, you couldn't make it up.

I watched this and had the same thoughts.

I remember it happening but never really followed the investigation

After watching the doc I don't think they're ever had a clue who it was

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 22:52, villa4europe said:

You ever read up on mengele?

He had a thing for twins...

I'm sure there's stuff like knowing what level of lead poisons the body comes from these words removed doing it to prisoners

I would be interested if there is anything in modern medicine that is now considered a norm but was actually discovered by them doing terrible things

Unit 731 - Wikipedia

Absolute horror, experiments and surgery live without anaesthetic, some of the 'research' made it into medical texts.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I watched this and had the same thoughts.

I remember it happening but never really followed the investigation

After watching the doc I don't think they're ever had a clue who it was

It was almost like they were playing Cluedo. 

On 29/09/2023 at 11:05, sheepyvillian said:

Just started the Jill Dando doc on Netflix. The old Bill never had a scooby from the beginning. "I know let's arrest the local weirdo ex skateboarder that used to call himself Steve Austin," honestly, you couldn't make it up.

Didn't she know "too much" regarding Savile and paedophile rings connected to the BBC etc. on the verge of starting to expose it all when she was suddenly murdered?

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Didn't she know "too much" regarding Savile and paedophile rings connected to the BBC etc. on the verge of starting to expose it all when she was suddenly murdered?

Like I said, there are no certainties, just pure conjecture.

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Coincidental nonetheless.

As was the Serbian theory, and let's not forget the local weirdo who ended up incarcerated for supposedly being infatuated with JD. The whole investigation was a complete shambles from beginning to end. The real shameful thing about it all is, the Old Bill still believe that they had the right man.

A acquaintance of mine lived and worked in Israel/Palestine on and off for about a decade and made 2 documentaries during that time. One about life in Hebron and one about the the Israeli peace movement. Both are worth a watch if you can find them.

• Like 1

Â