Documentaries you have to watch

Ikantcpell

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Tales of child abuse are  invariably a chore to listen to.

It’s not that, it’s just not a very good doc imo. Far too long and much of it is based off fantasy. 

The core story is shocking and one that needs to be told. But all the stuff around it seemed like them trying to make it something it’s not

• 1 month later...

I've always been into a bit of Hip Hop & Rap and recently stumbled across a YouTube channel called Trap Lore Ross. 

He's basically some English guy who has done some major research into more lesser known 'street' gangstas and rappers. 

I've watched about 4 of his documentaries on his channel now. They are quite long, some about 3 hours. 

Deffo worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. I just finished watching the Jacksonville one and he mentioned a song called Who I Smoke. I'm surprised the 4 rappers in it ain't dead themselves by now or banged up for life, I watched it and was like 'oh dear'. 

I'm gonna re-listen to the Chicago one tonight because it was so mental I lost track of who killed who, who hated who and who's still alive.

• Like 3

Loving the Adam Curtis Russian doc on iplayer. What madness and chaos, however, there's a stoicism about eastern Europeans that you just can't help but admire. 

The punk band in episode 1 had me howling with laughter. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Do you need a head for any financial jargon ?

9 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I don't think so. Mostly because the scam was so simple!

What KV says. Its staggering how long he got away with it before the FBI finally raided his offices.

• Thanks 1

On 08/02/2023 at 18:10, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've always been into a bit of Hip Hop & Rap and recently stumbled across a YouTube channel called Trap Lore Ross. 

He's basically some English guy who has done some major research into more lesser known 'street' gangstas and rappers. 

I've watched about 4 of his documentaries on his channel now. They are quite long, some about 3 hours. 

Deffo worth a look if you're into that sort of thing. I just finished watching the Jacksonville one and he mentioned a song called Who I Smoke. I'm surprised the 4 rappers in it ain't dead themselves by now or banged up for life, I watched it and was like 'oh dear'. 

I'm gonna re-listen to the Chicago one tonight because it was so mental I lost track of who killed who, who hated who and who's still alive.

I have no interest in rap music but after seeing your post I had a watch, WTF. I listened to that song ‘who I smoke’ and having searched that the other guy’s response song popped up. 

Not only are these young kids shooting each other they are bragging about it in songs. What I don’t understand (apart from the above) is how they aren’t locked up. The songs are as good as signed confessions, not only talking about who they killed but how they died. Bizarre. 

Edit. And after googling them, it seems the guy in the ‘who I smoke’ video has career earnings of £5m. There is obviously a big market for gangs bragging about murder. 

Edited by av1

On 19/02/2023 at 22:40, av1 said:

Edit. And after googling them, it seems the guy in the ‘who I smoke’ video has career earnings of £5m.

If this is from one of those "net worth" sites that estimate how much celebrities are worth then it's probably nonsense. They're basically made up

• Like 1

MH370 on Netflix was quite interesting shame it gave to much time to bat shit crazy theories 

Coming up for 9 years now , doubt we will ever find out the complete truth now 

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2023 at 23:38, tonyh29 said:

MH370 on Netflix was quite interesting shame it gave to much time to bat shit crazy theories 

Coming up for 9 years now , doubt we will ever find out the complete truth now 

Crashed in the sea chap.

• Like 1

On 05/03/2023 at 21:47, tonyh29 said:

ITV have a documentary about Jay Lloyd Samuel tonight At 10:15

the footballer his wife and the crash 

That was bonkers. Wife seemed a genuinely nice girl, wrapped up in the football.life.

Â