Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Newcastle signing genuine quality this summer.

I picked Mitrovic for my draft team. After 2 games, 12 minutes and 2 yellow cards I had to swap him..

Wijnaldum is a brilliant player though. Know knowing about the new chap but he's gotta be better than Cabella

Rob Lee's comments on newboy Thauvin are up there with the wisest of wise philosophisings that have ever been uttered by Alan Shearer.  There must be something in the water up there.

Rob Lee's comments on newboy Thauvin are up there with the wisest of wise philosopihisings that have ever been uttered by Alan Shearer.  There must be something in the water up there.

Don't tease, what did he say?

Edited by HanoiVillan

Let's take them 1 sentence at a time.

"From what I hear [so straight away he's admitting he hasn't seen the player and is working from word of mouth], he definitely has the pace to make it in the Premier League but can he handle the physical side? [Here Rob is voicing a concern that has no basis because he has never seen the guy and is casting doubt over nothing]"

"Remy Cabella certainly couldn't. [That's a different player Rob.  With a different body and different attributes.  But same nationality so that must be why you're worried].  He was a bit of a lightweight and just didn't get going. He will be no real loss. [Nice touch at the end there Rob]"

"I hope Thauvin is a success [Gee, really?  Brilliant stuff.  Anne likes jam] but he's not proven in the Premier League [Yes Rob, he's never played there yet] and that is always a worry. [Especially in a player you've studied so extensively]"

He has basically added nothing to any discussion about the player and I would hear more insight down the pub from a Liverpool fan

Sauce

But the fans love to hear from one of their own BOF, and they know their football in that part of the world. 

Newcastle fans are quite unique in loving a number 9 too. They are also the only fans that pay good money to see their team every week.

• Like 4

Cabella was dreadful. I have never witessed a footballer so averse to the physical side of the game. An embarrassment.

Yeah I called it after the Villa Park game, he must've spent a good  five minutes rolling around after minimal contact and also did a million step overs which resulted in fack all so not surprised he's done little in this league.

Thauvin is good but again a bit lightweight, think Payet is the better of the two from Marseille. 

But the fans love to hear from one of their own BOF, and they know their football in that part of the world. 

Newcastle fans are quite unique in loving a number 9 too. They are also the only fans that pay good money to see their team every week.

They're the best fans in the world and everyone would love to see them win something.

Â