Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

It's been a while, nearly 10 years since Mclaren held a job in the Premier League. He's done some good since then (won the league with Twente, turned around Derby and should have gone up in 13/14 but were piss poor at the end of this season), but he has also had a number of managerial failures (England, Notts Forest, Wolfsburg and Twente second time round).

I think he will be a massive failure at Newcastle, and it will be hilarious to watch as the fans get on his back as he doesn't win the first few games 6-0.

• 4 weeks later...

So good old Steve has allegedly banned his Newcastle players from swearing. Bless. Looks like this thread could be back up and running :)

• Like 2

Have they actually signed anyone yet? I take it's a no despite the Mike Ashley hype machine at end of season.

One of the poorest squads in the premier league, worse than ours. McClaren is no miracle worker and they have likes of Man. United and Arsenal early on.

If we finish below these again I'll be fuming.

They've yet to sign anyone and have gotten rid of a few.

Out

Jonas Gutierrez Released

Ryan Taylor Released

Adam Campbell Released

Remie Streete Released

Sammy Ameobi (Cardiff City) Loan

Wijnaldum apparently flying in for medical, and they appear to think they will spend big this window

Sky Sports: Steve McClaren wants to sign five players in the region of £10m-£15m for Newcastle in the summer transfer window. McClaren says Newcastle are working in a different market to the one in which they have operated in recent seasons, with owner Mike Ashley vowing to increase spending on the first team. The Magpies have been engaged in talks over players such as PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum and QPR striker Charlie Austin, among others, in recent weeks with that calibre of player commanding valuations around the £15m mark.

Looks like Wijnaldum is on his way for talks, and possibly Mitrovic soon as well so it looks like they are starting to make some big name signings after all.

Have they actually signed anyone yet? I take it's a no despite the Mike Ashley hype machine at end of season.

One of the poorest squads in the premier league, worse than ours. McClaren is no miracle worker and they have likes of Man. United and Arsenal early on.

Not sure it is worse than ours tbh. They had injuries last season but with everyone fit, and one or two more players adapted to the pace of the league, I think it's OK.

Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini (getting on a bit now though), Sissoko, Cabella, Siem De Jong, Perez. All very decent players and some with great potential.

Not sure it is worse than ours tbh. They had injuries last season but with everyone fit, and one or two more players adapted to the pace of the league, I think it's OK.

Krul, Janmaat, Coloccini (getting on a bit now though), Sissoko, Cabella, Siem De Jong, Perez. All very decent players and some with great potential.

I like Krul but he was like Guzan, got worse as the season went on with saveable shots going past him.

Yeah Jammaat's alright, I'd accept that one.

Sissoko- Not better than Delph for me (still our player for a few hours!) Think he's a bit overrated as he still gets in France squads over players like Schnderlein.

Cabella- you're having a laugh, overrated show pony.

Siem- injured for pretty much all season so difficult to say how he'll do in the prem.

Perez- Scored a few goals but faded after. I do like a young player they have called Roland Aarons though.

I was meaning more when they play people like Williamson, Colback, Gouffran, Anita, Abeid, all were pretty regular for them end of last season.

I like Krul but he was like Guzan, got worse as the season went on with saveable shots going past him.

Yeah Jammaat's alright, I'd accept that one.

Sissoko- Not better than Delph for me (still our player for a few hours!) Think he's a bit overrated as he still gets in France squads over players like Schnderlein.

Cabella- you're having a laugh, overrated show pony.

Siem- injured for pretty much all season so difficult to say how he'll do in the prem.

Perez- Scored a few goals but faded after. I do like a young player they have called Roland Aarons though.

I was meaning more when they play people like Williamson, Colback, Gouffran, Anita, Abeid, all were pretty regular for them end of last season.

I rate Sissoko quite highly, and think he'll do well when he moves on to a bigger club and prove himself.

Cabella I think will adapt to the Prem this year so could potentially have a good season if he does.

De Jong as a player was very good at Ajax, as you say jury is out in the Prem but better to be signing players like that from abroad as oppose to a lot of what we've gone for in recent seasons - KEA, Tonev, etc!

You mention Colback, I think he is a decent starter for a mid-table side, better than Westwood tbf.

Colback's just another Sidwell/Cattermole sort to me, someone who runs around a lot and seems to get praise but is a mediocre player in reality.

Cabella I've had an irrational dislike of since that early game at VP last season when he did a million flashy step overs which resulted in fack all and he then started crying when he got kicked and demanded to be taken off, not a fan.

Â