Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

You say that but they still need to buy a fuller squad, Ashley has financed two really good big name players which will keep the wolves from his door, same as he's done in the past, financed a couple of big names on big wages, he'll go in for the penny but not the pound

they'll still go it to next season with coloccini, Williamson and Taylor as their CBs

Even with our sales this summer their squad is worse than ours

No way is their squad worse than ours. They finshed higher than we did with that idiot Carver in charge. They've added to their squad in key areas whereas we have replaced Delph with a similar standard player and have a potentially world class LB. Plus McLaren has said that they wanted 5 or 6 £10m plus players. They are still linked with Mbemba and Austin as well.

I hope that we have a comparable squad at the end of the window but right now I can't see it.

• Like 1

Mitrovic sounds like an absolute nut,

- Heabutted an opposition player

- Spat at opposition fans

- His celebration is..... http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/2466f6985168c530670f6a7067006590.jpg

- He also reported back to pre season overweight because his mothers cooking is so good

Should be entertaining at least.

• Like 1

You say that but they still need to buy a fuller squad, Ashley has financed two really good big name players which will keep the wolves from his door, same as he's done in the past, financed a couple of big names on big wages, he'll go in for the penny but not the pound

they'll still go it to next season with coloccini, Williamson and Taylor as their CBs

Even with our sales this summer their squad is worse than ours

No way is their squad worse than ours. They finshed higher than we did with that idiot Carver in charge. They've added to their squad in key areas whereas we have replaced Delph with a similar standard player and have a potentially world class LB. Plus McLaren has said that they wanted 5 or 6 £10m plus players. They are still linked with Mbemba and Austin as well.

I hope that we have a comparable squad at the end of the window but right now I can't see it.

Have to agree with this, their squad is definitely stronger. Also have Siem De Jong coming back to fitness this year, potential for Cabella to adapt to the pace of the league. They are very weak at CB, but would much rather have their midfield and attacking options than ours.

There's not a whole lot in it either way. As I keep saying about most of the sides below the Europa spots. A good coaching setup can be the difference. For example, they may have finished above us with Carver, but he took over with them in 8th or somewhere like that, and we got more points than they did during his tenure. Newcastle with Pardew were 8th. Newcastle with Carver were a relegation side.

- His celebration is..... http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/2466f6985168c530670f6a7067006590.jpg

- He also reported back to pre season overweight because his mothers cooking is so good

He already sounds like a true Geordie. He'll be well loved.

Apparently they love a no.9 up there.

:rolleyes:

Apparently they love a no.9 up there.

:rolleyes:

This is true. They are actually the only club to actually like goalscorers, can't understand why. Goalscoers, No.9s, 20 a season men.

I despise the words removed, as I am sure we all do.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, They've only gone and signed Thauvin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33997190

Newcastle have signed Marseille winger Florian Thauvin on a five-year contract, with Remy Cabella loaned to the French club as part of the deal.

Frenchman Thauvin, who joins for a reported £12m,  is the Premier League club's fifth summer signing.

Midfielder Cabella, 25, moves the other way on a season-long loan, which will become a permanent move next summer.

"I have come from France to a really big club and am very happy to be here," said Thauvin, 22.

The France Under-21 international added: "It is a big honour to know that Newcastle have been after me for such a long time and that they wanted me that much.

"They have put their trust in me and I am looking forward to playing for the team."

Thauvin made 81 appearances for Marseille over the last two seasons, scoring 15 goals.

Newcastle boss Steve McClaren, said: "He is a perfect signing for this club - someone who is young, with great potential and is one of the best young players in Europe.

"He is an exciting, creative talent who can score goals and make assists, and we believe he will have a very bright future at Newcastle."

Â