Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Hope not, it's time we won up there again, one of the mysteries of football that our record at Sunderland can be so good and yet 10 miles up the road be so bad at St James given the two NE teams have been at a similar level for the last 7-8 years.

Hope we don't finish below them as I think we'll be relegated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand people saying they have an excellent team, it's like people saying we have a good squad. Neither do otherwise we both wouldn't be losing most weeks.

Anyway I've had a look at their team and it looks rubbish apart from a couple of players. It's worth remembering there are usually decent players in relegated teams anyway, people like Austin, Danny Ings and Leroy Fer last season got relegated.

Rob Elliot- Garbage. A keeper Guzan is better than.

Janmatt- Overrated cause he's Dutch. Montero took the mick out of him earlier this season and he's a liability against pace.

Colo- Alright but getting on a bit bow.

Mbemba- Not seen enough to judge.

Dummett- lol.

Colback- Kid reminds me of Sidwell whenever I see him which I don't think is a positive.

Sissoko- I find him overrated on account of he still somehow starts regularly for France. He dosen't take enough games by the scruff of the neck for me.

Wjandlum- Good player, can score and is mobile. One to watch and will be probably moving on in a years time.

Tiote- Was good once around 2010. Now easy money for first player to be booked in a game.

Perez- Is o.k but getting linked to Man. United and Spurs...Weimann had a good scoring run in the league once, we'll see.

Mitrovic- Interesting one, bit of a nutcase but I get the feeling if they are to stay up he's the most likely to be scoring a winner or two in the second half of the season.

Harsh comments on Jaanmat and Sissoko. I think they are very good players. Fair comments on the rest of them. The difference between us and them is they have match winners. Wijnaldum, Sissoko and potentially Mitrovic 

Edited by Arj Guy

Janmaat has been their best player and only attacking threat in most games. Sissoko I agree on he turns up when he wants like a more talented Nzogbia. I like Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Ayoze they are talented players but mainly unproven

though Coloccini is a bit garbage these days

Janmaat has been their best player and only attacking threat in most games. Sissoko I agree on he turns up when he wants like a more talented Nzogbia. I like Wijnaldum, Mitrovic and Ayoze they are talented players but mainly unproven

though Coloccini is a bit garbage these days

Sissoko could easily be playing for a top 8 side imo. Yes he has his off days but he shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as N'zogbia

• 1 month later...

Serious question but what made so many on here think Newcastle were this amazing team this season?

To me they're an exact replica of us and will be joining us in the championship. Similarly run, absent owner, committee signing players etc.

I've said time and again the back 4 of Janmatt-Colo-Mbema-Dunmett is hopeless against pace and Palace knocked 5 past them today seemingly just running at them.

When I look at a summer signing like Florent Thuvain we might aswell had got him as he looks just as lightweight as some of our players and ill suited to this league.

Wjandulam and Mitrovic have looked o.k at times but it's not enough.

The whole club has just got used to losing like we have. Roll back 20 years to 95-96 and the difference is incredible. 

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Serious question but what made so many on here think Newcastle were this amazing team this season?

To me they're an exact replica of us and will be joining us in the championship. Similarly run, absent owner, committee signing players etc.

I've said time and again the back 4 of Janmatt-Colo-Mbema-Dunmett is hopeless against pace and Palace knocked 5 past them today seemingly just running at them.

When I look at a summer signing like Florent Thuvain we might aswell had got him as he looks just as lightweight as some of our players and ill suited to this league.

Wjandulam and Mitrovic have looked o.k at times but it's not enough.

The whole club has just got used to losing like we have. Roll back 20 years to 95-96 and the difference is incredible. 

I was dead wrong about them. Their club is seriously rotten. To have a net spend of over £50 million in the summer and be this bad is quite unbelievable. Still think they could stay up if they get rid of that clown Mclaren.

I do think now he's available Moyes will pop up there at some point this season. How much damage will have been done before that moment is anyone's guess.

Their run to mid January is very tough, got Liverpool and Man. United at home and Arsenal and Spurs away amongst others. And us.

Â