Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

I agree with that problem is Ashley. Their core is rotten though, centre halfs are probably the worst in top flight along with Sunderland, midfield lacks creativity and they rely too much on Cisse

after typing that you could probably describe that as our team last season :P

Did time jump forward to the end of August without me realising?

No why would it?  We can only talk in the present Mantis,  as my post clearly does.

Those saying wait until the end of August are the ones talking in the future tense.

They have a shite owner and he is still backing them with more money than our one.

I'd doubt it's his own money. They have a much bigger average attendance than us (50K V 30K) and have been finishing higher in the league than us. I'd say they are running at a profit at the moment so Ashley isn't putting in a penny.

They have a shite owner and he is still backing them with more money than our one.

I'd doubt it's his own money. They have a much bigger average attendance than us (50K V 30K) and have been finishing higher in the league than us. I'd say they are running at a profit at the moment so Ashley isn't putting in a penny.

But is allowing the club to spend.  Lerner isnt putting in a penny either and what is he allowing us to spend?

No why would it?  We can only talk in the present Mantis,  as my post clearly does.

Those saying wait until the end of August are the ones talking in the future tense.

I just don't see the point in getting flustered about another club spending more than us when there's still quite a lot of the transfer window left?

Not flustered about it,  I think it's an interesting comparison in terms of club v club and owner v owner.

But then I'm biased as I think lerner is a shite

I just don't see the point in getting flustered about another club spending more than us when there's still quite a lot of the transfer window left?

..because all the good aplyers are going to get snapped up and we will be left with Rickie Lambert! :(

I think it is a valid comparison.  We don't need to wait till the end of August.  Just look at the last few years.

Re Newcastle - 2 amazing signings.  Still need to sort their defence out but McClaren will work well for them.

Anyone who can see beyond McLaren's England stint knows he's a good manager.

There's no reason he won't do well at newcastle.

Unfortunately (for them) their owner will hold them back from becoming a big club.

At least our owner has acknowledged his faults and is selling up and/or stepping back.

Ashley just doesn't give a shit.

But is allowing the club to spend.  Lerner isnt putting in a penny either and what is he allowing us to spend?

The meagre profits (if there are any) the club makes. Newcastle make more money than Villa and have wasted less money on transfer fees and wages over the last few years. That's why they can spend a little more than us.

You say that but they still need to buy a fuller squad, Ashley has financed two really good big name players which will keep the wolves from his door, same as he's done in the past, financed a couple of big names on big wages, he'll go in for the penny but not the pound

they'll still go it to next season with coloccini, Williamson and Taylor as their CBs

Even with our sales this summer their squad is worse than ours

Â