Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Ashley staying until they win something. I don't understand that at all. Maybe other chairmen are considering staying put.  :detect:

Translates to, "Ashley staying until he get the money from the new TV deal."

Aside from his crack about us, it really dawned on my what a ugly gobshite, Carver is. He's pretty much the epitome of your average Newcastle fan.

Edited by dAVe80

Despite wanting them to go down, Gutierrez scoring to keep them up was a truly fantastic moment and credit to the guy

I think his contract's up this summer. Am I right in saying that he has played at fullback a few times? ... a possible Sherwood 'attack but can't defend' full back target?

Despite wanting them to go down, Gutierrez scoring to keep them up was a truly fantastic moment and credit to the guy

I think his contract's up this summer. Am I right in saying that he has played at fullback a few times? ... a possible Sherwood 'attack but can't defend' full back target?

I admire the guy's fighting spirit, and his inspirational story, but it's a big no from me. He's average at best. 

Yeah I saw a bit of the game and he didnt look very fit in the 1st half, i was shocked he made it that far into the game to score. As said an inspirational story but I wouldnt sign him

My only consolation in them not going down, apart from the fairy-tale goal from Gutierrez who I would never begrudge, is the fact that they are comedy gold and having them in the Premier League means we get to see it again next season.  Although I fear not even Mike Ashley is stupid enough to give Carver the job.  I expect it'll be Shteve McClaren in his best Jawdee accent come August.

Derby sack McLare, cant see Newcastle fans being happy having a manager just sacked from the Championship

though the end of season collapse that Derby had it might remind them of their hero King Kev

• Like 1

I don't know what on earth happened at Derby but it was one hell of a collapse. I do think he showed enough to be taken on by Newcastle though. They're crying out for excitement and competency. McClaren would deliver that and he'd be a damn sight better than Carver. Give him a few bob and he could turn Newcastle into a more than decent team IMO.

Ashley staying until they win something. I don't understand that at all. Maybe other chairmen are considering staying put. :detect:

Translates to, "Ashley staying until he get the money from the new TV deal."

Aside from his crack about us, it really dawned on my what a ugly gobshite, Carver is. He's pretty much the epitome of your average Newcastle fan.

What did he say?

What did he say?

Clickings

Newcastle United manager John Carver admits he'd be happy to see Aston Villa relegated from the Premier League

Aston Villa condemned Newcastle United to relegation in 2009

Now manager John Carver was in the crowd as a supporter that day

Carver admitted he would be happy to see Villa relegated this season

The two sides face each other in the Premier League on Saturday

John Carver has not forgotten Aston Villa fans mocking Newcastle on the day they were relegated – and says there would be no love lost if they went down this season.

The Magpies head coach was a supporter in 2009 when a 1-0 defeat at Villa Park saw Alan Shearer’s side drop to the second tier for the first time in 17 years, much to the delight of a gloating home crowd.

Newcastle face Villa at St James’ Park on Saturday with Tim Sherwood’s men second from bottom in the Premier League.

And Carver said: ‘How they reacted to the way we got relegated wasn’t nice and it could spur our fans on.

‘I never spoke to anyone for an hour after the final whistle went that day. That really hurt me. Sometimes when you come up against Aston Villa that stays in there. ‘I remember the reaction of their fans after the game. That will never go away. Every time we come up against Aston Villa that's in the back of my head. Definitely.’ Asked if there would be no love lost should Villa be relegated, Carver said: ‘Absolutely not.

‘It’s funny how things work out in life.’ Newcastle, 10 points clear of the drop zone, would all but guarantee their top-flight status with victory.

Carver’s challenge, however, is to finish in the top 10. Were he to do so then the Newcastle job would be his on a permanent basis.

And the 50-year-old says he is already planning for next season. ‘The conversations I've had (with hierarchy) have always been long term,’ he said.

‘We've had a session on pre-season dates, dates for returning and venues.’ Newcastle were stuffed 5-0 at Manchester City last weekend, a performance Shearer labelled as ‘embarrassing and pathetic’ and a result which did little for Carver’s chances of landing the role.

And he admits there were some harsh words exchanged earlier in the week when the squad reconvened at the club’s training ground.

‘I was angry with myself, I was angry with the team, the team were angry with me, they were angry with themselves,’ he said.

‘That's the right way to be. But once we sat down and discussed it there was a genuine conversation and I was very glad that we'd talked about it in that room and put it to bed.

‘I think the players have got pride. It hurts. I don't think it's easy to lie down. If I was seeing that on the training ground that would be a bit of concern. But that's not something I've seen, that's not one of the traits of the team.’ Meanwhile, Carver has laughed off suggestions north of the border that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley will send him to manage Rangers, where the billionaire businessman has a nine per cent stake.

Â