Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

£0 spent on defenders.

I actually just laugh at that, it's just so typical Newcastle isn't it? I asked a Newcastle fan on one of the other forums I post on and he said "mate we're famous world wide for our s*** defences, why change that?!"

Nearly as bad as us doing nothing ourselves.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

£0 spent on defenders.

I actually just laugh at that, it's just so typical Newcastle isn't it? I asked a Newcastle fan on one of the other forums I post on and he said "mate we're famous world wide for our s*** defences, why change that?!"

Nearly as bad as us doing nothing ourselves.

Had Taylor and Coloccini in their back 4 yesterday. Both were relegated with Newcastle 7 years ago. Incredible really 

They really do need a whole new back four - they should keep Mbemba but buy two new CB's anyway. I don't understand Janmaat - is he this bad when he plays for Holland? I thought he was supposed to be good, but he often seems to be the worst out of all of them. 

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

plus Newcastle should sign Lescott, him and Coloccini would be some partnership 

How did Coloccini lose that race against Costa when he had a five yard head start? :crylaugh:

Thinking about Newcastle's defending is the only thing that cheers me up from that miserable weekend. 

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There was a moment in that game where Coloccini was left for dead, and sort of fell over.

It took him a good 10 seconds to get up, it was like watching a Grandad trying to get out of his armchair after a kip.

He also had a 5 yard headstart on Costa who is no sprinter and Costa left him for dead, it was for Willian goal. COloccini was poor when Newcastle got relegated in 2009 yet he still plays and captains the club

would be like Lescott still playing regularly for us in 2023

Â