Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I am manifesting. Steve Bruce stays manager for a few games. They get in a new very expensive manager who spends a crap ton of money in January and gets them relegated in a catastrophic implosion.

This would make me happy :)

Bring back the players he knows 

Elmo 4 year deal

Kodjia 37 million fee

Seb Larsson 6 million fee 

Alex Bruce 10 year deal 

Should sort it out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, villa89 said:

Give him his 1,000th game in charge, a ceremonial bronze cabbage and let him toddle off to the nearest kebab shop with his 8 million pound kebab budget. 

It is absolutely astonishing that a manager as poor as Steve Bruce can have amassed 1,000 games as a manager, with most of them being in the top two divisions. Absolutely stole a living for his whole managerial career.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

It is absolutely astonishing that a manager as poor as Steve Bruce can have amassed 1,000 games as a manager, with most of them being in the top two divisions. Absolutely stole a living for his whole managerial career.  

This is his 43rd season in a row to be involved in a football season 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Has he not got more (or equal) amount of promotions from the Championship than any other manager?

Genuinely curious to see was Newcastle do, expect they'll get rid of Bruce after a few more games but now that the Saudi government own them it'll be interesting to see what they get up too. The media already predicting they'll do a City and throw huge amounts of cash at the likes of Mbappe which is pretty funny. Highly doubt we'll see a repeat of City's spending due to FFP, though it's not like that even works that well. 

Still, interesting times down there. 

41 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Down?

Do you live in Finland?

Fun fact! The southern tip of Finland is further south than the northernmost extreme of the UK. Helsinki is only as far north as Lerwick. 

Yes, I am available for parties. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

The most astonishing thing is that’s he’s genuinely a better author than he is a football manager. And he’s a **** terrible author.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Genie said:

He also spent a fortune

Xia? He didn't have any money to spend. Or rather, none of it was his. He cashed in future transfer fee instalments, borrowed against future parachute payments. He had as much money as me and I'm in my overdraft. He was even mortgaging 2 bed semi's in Erdington that the club owned to get a few quid! 

I will say in defence of Xia though, seeing as Hicks and Gillette and the Glazers bought clubs without spending a single penny of their own money he probably thought he could do the same. 

4 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Genuinely curious to see was Newcastle do, expect they'll get rid of Bruce after a few more games but now that the Saudi government own them it'll be interesting to see what they get up too. The media already predicting they'll do a City and throw huge amounts of cash at the likes of Mbappe which is pretty funny. Highly doubt we'll see a repeat of City's spending due to FFP, though it's not like that even works that well. 

Still, interesting times down there. 

Almost ignored that international stars dont go to City. They never bought a Messi, Neuer, Lewandowski player at the elite except Silva. Even De Bruyne and Aguero were still a little unproven

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It seems odd to me a couple of Jewish people investing with the Saudis.  I guess money talks.

FIFA and Infantino are pushing for a Saudi-Israeli 2030 World Cup bid so the relations are not as frosty anymore.

Â