Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

49 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nah, not keen on this. bruce stopped the rot. he was sacked at the right time and i love what deano is doing. but i harbour no ill feeling towards him, and i doubt he does towards us either

I largely agree with this, but of course it is a very minority position. I just didn't hate his time in charge the way everyone else seems to have done. I've heard the arguments, and I understand where people are coming from, but I can't change how I felt at the time.

Of course Smith has been a million times better, and I think is a much better manager in every respect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

nah, not keen on this. bruce stopped the rot. he was sacked at the right time and i love what deano is doing. but i harbour no ill feeling towards him, and i doubt he does towards us either

Seems odd that he was slagging us off after every defeat then when  he was in charge.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Seems odd that he was slagging us off after every defeat then when  he was in charge.

He was slagging off the people that were firing personal insults at him. 
He shouldn’t have done it, but he gave a little back.

I’m the same as @tomav84 he stopped the rot, got us moving up the table and close to promotion. He was sacked at the right time. The thing with most football fans is that everything is either perfect or disaster in their eyes. He didn’t get us promoted so he was a complete failure. Not for me. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Newcastle were pathetic. 2-0 really flattered them.

They really where, we where sloppy at times a few heavy touches any decent team would have capitalised and counter attacked but they where so half hearted, and we ended up regaining the ball 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hopefully.

I Hope Please GIF

we can all live in hope!

if (and it’s still a big if) Newcastle do go down, I hope Bruce convinces the board he’s the best man to bring them back up 🤣

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I Hope Please GIF

we can all live in hope!

if (and it’s still a big if) Newcastle do go down, I hope Bruce convinces the board he’s the best man to bring them back up 🤣

Well, he has done it four times! Four! Four times! Remarkable!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Happy to accept parts of this, sure. Someone else was needed after Di Matteo. I was never keen on Bruce but he did alright to level us out.

I think he will feel annoyed and a bit bitter at what Villa have become without him...he wouldn't namecheck us or mention our signing power as much if not.

He was close to having us up and 'succeeding' but if he had, I imagine we'd be talking a lot like the Newcastle fans now. 

2 minutes ago, May-Z said:

He was close to having us up and 'succeeding' but if he had, I imagine we'd be talking a lot like the Newcastle fans now. 

Arguably even worse, Xia might still have been involved. Christ.

The best thing Bruce ever did for this club was have us put in such a dire performance against Fulham when we were  a man up for 20 minutes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

I've always been in two minds about him. On one hand he did nearly get us promoted, and at the time I thought that was great, regardless of the shameful display in the final.

On the other, he started the next season with one recognised CB, allowing Elphick to go out on loan despite him being the only other one in the squad. I still don't fully understand how that came to happen.

Regarding the play off final, I wonder if he realised at the last possible moment what a charlatan Xia was and what would become of us of we got promoted under him. What if he secretly brokered the deal for NSWE to buy the club behind the scenes, shit the bed in the final to force Xia into selling, then started the season abysmally to give them an excuse to move him on and get Smith in to replace him knowing he would be a far superior manager? What if he also pretended to try and sell Grealish so that when NSWE rode in and stopped the sale they'd look like heroes and endear them to us from day one?

We shouldn't be deriding him. If anything, we should knock down the McGregor statue outside VP and replace it with one of Brucie, a true club legend.

New 8 year contract?

TABLE BETWEEN MATCH DAY 13 AND MATCH DAY 19 OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE 20/21

# club   W D L Goals +/- Pts  
1 Manchester United Man Utd 7 5 2 0 16:8 8 17  
2 Manchester City Man City 6 5 1 0 12:2 10 16  
3 Arsenal FC Arsenal FA Cup Winner 19/20 7 4 2 1 13:4 9 14  
4 Leicester City Leicester 7 4 2 1 11:6 5 14  

10 Aston Villa Aston Villa 5 2 2 1 8:3 5 8  

18 Fulham FC Fulham   6 0 4 2 3:5 -2 4  
19 Sheffield United Sheff Utd 7 1 1 5 5:11 -6 4  
20 Newcastle United Newcastle 7 0 2 5 4:14 -10 2  

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2020&min=13&max=19

27 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Newcastle v Leeds on Tuesday....

I want Newcastle to win that one, they aren’t going down so them winning will keep Bruce in post and illicit a “shut a few people up” comment and huge backlash from their fans. Plus I want to see Leeds disintigrate.

his media pals will be all over it if Bruce is the first manager to ever beat the great Bielsa (all the other Leeds losses I believe were part of his masterplan as Sky keep telling me)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Genie said:

He was slagging off the people that were firing personal insults at him. 
He shouldn’t have done it, but he gave a little back.

I’m the same as @tomav84 he stopped the rot, got us moving up the table and close to promotion. He was sacked at the right time. The thing with most football fans is that everything is either perfect or disaster in their eyes. He didn’t get us promoted so he was a complete failure. Not for me. 

He's **** weird for getting his son to tell him what people are posting about him online and then publicly firing back at them. Who cares if user BeefCurtains84 called you potato face? 99% of other fans are criticizing your poor management. Why don't you address that instead of playing the victim. He's an asshole who can't handle criticism.

• Like 2

Â