Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We were all going nuts when we signed a young unknown Brazilian for 22 million. Never mind 40m

Lets not be hypocritical hey.

edit: His stats do look shit though 👀 

True buy he started 24 games last season the most of all forwards at Hoffenheim amd was 3rd top scorer. Pretty average 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It is a bit bizarre the amount they’ve spent. I guess they’ve paid for potential. 

About 10 years ago they signed Xisco in a what was then a large enough transfer fee and nobody had seen him play. it was bizarre then and he was woeful, this seems similat

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually cost ~£20m + add-on's  but Ashley released £40m as the fee to try to make it seem like he is spending money on the team.

That would make sense and does seem Ashley style. His stats are really really poor. If they did pay 40m for him Jesus that looks a terrible deal on paper.

Add in Bruce's style of football.

29 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

In his career, he's scored a goal every 254 minutes. As if that record wasn't outstanding enough, it includes the Austrian Premier League and Brazilian second tier.

Crazy!

According to transfermarkt he scored 21 and got 9 assists in 79 games for Rapid Vienna, and scored 11 and provided 9 assists, in 36 games for Hoffenheim. Remains to be seen whether he's not worth £40m, but doesn't seem that bad to me.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

According to transfermarkt he scored 21 and got 9 assists in 79 games for Rapid Vienna, and scored 11 and provided 9 assists, in 36 games for Hoffenheim. Remains to be seen whether he's not worth £40m, but doesn't seem that bad to me.

It's not that bad - his stats are pretty similar to Wesley...but at pretty much twice the price (which I'm pretty sure is the only reason people are questioning it).

FWIW I think he looks good, but raw. Whether he improves enough under Bruce's team's coaching to fulfill his potential will be the big question.

Â