Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

7 hours ago, BOF said:

Isn't it quite a coincidence that it's West Ham and Newcastle that were raided?  If only there was something, or someone ... who linked these 2 clubs together in the not-too-distant past.  Now I'm not for a moment suggesting anything untoward.  Perish the thought.  But it would be mighty coincidental.

apparently its all about signing players from French clubs.

Maybe we could be involved as well though we got ripped off 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

apparently its all about signing players from French clubs.

Maybe we could be involved as well though we got ripped off 

The link appears to be Marseille, West Ham > payet, Newcastle > thauvin & cabella & chelsea also had HMRC today and they signed batsuayi from Marseille 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Straggler said:

Ok, I have decided what needs to happen.  The legal proceedings drag on into next season so Newcastle get promoted and are in the Prem.  Then both Newcastle and West Ham get significant points deductions and get relegated.  At the same time in the Championship we cruise into an automatic promotion spot.  That should ensure enough dross teams in the Prem in our first season back to improve our odds of surviving.

Make it so.

Or they don't give them the points deduction until the following season when we are back in the prem, and they both have to start on -40

It seems from what I read that it could take up to 4 years before any punishment is dished out if it ever is - it's a long drawn out process and appeals can also be held so those hoping Newcastle miss out on promotion are going to be disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Newcastle on the title win. I hold no grudges against their fans as they really don't seem to hate us like the mag suggests trying to stir hatred between the fans.

They definitely are going to have to sign some serious quality as that side is not good enough to stay up. If they were to sell ritchie or Diame id do business with them

• 4 weeks later...

Petition to retire Tiote's #24

In the light of the legends death. 

The shirt number should be retired in honour of his life. A Newcastle legend taken too soon. 

Lets come together as a family and honour a fallen family memeber. 

Am I being insensitive if my first and only thought is ...

tenor.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think that's a bit cruel to be honest quite suprised you would post that. If we had said this about ehiogu and Newcastle fans said this we wouldnt like it. This guy was younger than ugo and still playing football.

You think retiring his number isn't a little OTT ?  It's an absolute tragedy that the man has died.  Please don't conflate the 2 issues.  And to illustrate the point, I think the fact Ugo played nearly double the games for us and we're not retiring his number kind of goes along with what I'm saying. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

You think retiring his number isn't a little OTT ?  It's an absolute tragedy that the man has died.  Please don't conflate the 2 issues.  And to illustrate the point, I think the fact Ugo played nearly double the games for us and we're not retiring his number kind of goes along with what I'm saying. 

Ah ok thanks for explaining. 

Well i guess its down to the club who they wish to honour his memory. He was there 6-7 years so that would be like Alan Hutton (touch wood) suddey passing. I think our fans would respond in same way.

Agree with your ugo point at the end though

• Like 1

Â