Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'd love to play them in the final. 

Oh please no....

I couldn't handle losing to them. They would finally have the revenge they so desperately crave. Beating them would be great of course but not worth the risk. I'd rather play someone like Barnsley.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They will definitely go up automatically but i wouldn't say they are certain for top spot.

I think Brighton will have a poor run at some point leaving them to go up in 2nd. Newcastle are still the best side in the league for me and will go up without breaking sweat.

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They will definitely go up automatically but i wouldn't say they are certain for top spot.

Yeah, they definitely should do. They didn't get relegated as a shambles, they kept the squad together, have a manager who is better than most in this league, they have a reliable goalscorer, have tremendous support and have money to spend. Their owner's finally cottoned on that he needed to get a good manager and let him manage and keep his nose out. If they don't go up automatically I'd be amazed.

Are the wheels coming off slightly? Brighton could possibly be 5 points clear and reading are now right on their tail with other teams in great form .I still fancy them to come through but if they fail to make automatic promotion then it could be twitchy arse time for the Geordie faithful. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are the wheels coming off slightly? Brighton could possibly be 5 points clear and reading are now right on their tail with other teams in great form .I still fancy them to come through but if they fail to make automatic promotion then it could be twitchy arse time for the Geordie faithful. 

I doubt it.

All teams will have a bit of shaky form. This is probably Newcastle's.

I'd be very surprised if they don't pick up again over the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt it.

Your probably right. It just seems  a few defeats are sneaking in. I honestly thought they would piss this league. I don't think that now though.

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Your probably right. It just seems  a few defeats are sneaking in. I honestly thought they would piss this league. I don't think that now though.

They'll "piss it" in terms of automatic promotion. I think Brighton will push them all the way for the title though.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They'll "piss it" in terms of automatic promotion. I think Brighton will push them all the way for the title though.

Tbf I hope they do go up because it will make things easier for us next season. That's if we don't go up this season which I doubt we will.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Indeed but you simply can't underestimate the importance of Voldemort to their game or the impact of his absence.

As much fun as it is to enjoy them as a circus, they have more pulling power than the likes of Hull, Swansea and most Championship clubs so will always be able to sign decent players and be up near the top end. I'd much rather they go up and have Hull, Swansea and Burnley/Boro type clubs come down. Would rather Sunderland stay up for that reason too. Anything that makes our job easier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt it.

They still have to play a lot of tough away games....still have to go to Sheff Wednesday, Huddersfield, Brighton, Norwich and Reading.

It's looking a bit similar to 2012....West Ham were top 2 for most of the season, lost a bit of form and Reading went on an unbelievable run to get automatic promotion.

I have to say I'm amazed by Reading atm. You look at their squad and it's really nothing special.

Â