Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Newcastle takeover: Mike Ashley close to agreeing £300m deal to sell club

Newcastle's owner Mike Ashley is close to reaching an agreement with British businesswoman Amanda Staveley over the sale of the Premier League club.

The investment firm run by Staveley- PCP Capital Partners - has put forward an offer of £300m, BBC Newcastle understands.

Ashley said on 16 October he wanted to sellafter 10 years in charge.

Any takeover deal would not be completed immediately as Premier League approval takes 30 days.

Staveley helped broker the purchase of Manchester City by Sheikh Mansour in 2009 and it was reported she led Dubai International Capital's £400m bid for Liverpool in 2008.

The Magpies have been relegated twice from the Premier League during Ashley's 10-year reign and are currently 16th in the top flight after 16 matches, having won promotion last season under manager Rafael Benitez.

Ashley, 53, has been a divisive figure at St James' Park, with some supporters regularly protesting about the way the businessman has run the club.

He bought Newcastle for £134.4m in 2007. Their latest accounts - up to 30 June 2016 and before the club's relegation to the Championship - showed a profit of £900,000 and turnover of £126m in 2015-16.

Here

Toon fans better hope this goes through because they badly need to spend in January if they are going to stay up. Otherwise I'm not sure they have the goals in the side to avoid the drop. Hopefully the takeover falls through and they go down...sob on the tyne II. 

I thought the name Amanda Staveley was familiar. I've just looked her up and I now remember dealing with her quite a bit about 10-12 years ago. 

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why do we keep making these threads? Newcastle is a massive club and deserves the outmost respect.

Never understood why Villa fans keep mocking them, i have always liked Newcastle, great club with a good history.

A good history of winning nothing. Amirite!

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Why do we keep making these threads? Newcastle is a massive club and deserves the outmost respect.

Never understood why Villa fans keep mocking them, i have always liked Newcastle, great club with a good history.

No they're not and no, they don't.

54 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Completely disagree, apart from having a big stadium and support.... what else actually makes them big. 

The only reason they have great support is that they are a one team city.... if we took Blues and Albion out of the equation then we would have twice the amount of support as them absolute no danger. 

Cant stand them tbh, they are as arrogant as Liverflop fans.. they think they have some divine right to be up there with City, United etc. We have won far more over our history but we are sure as hell a lot more grounded then them lot on the scottish border.

They are going to be unbearable if this takeover goes through.... if they get it right up there NUFC are potentially huuuge. But i cannot accept they are a "Massive Club" and that they deserve the upmost respect at this moment in time, no way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2017 at 22:22, Zatman said:

Rafa is a great manager but tools at his disposal are poor. Fans know this and fully back him.

They are now starting to have decension in the feathers over Rafa and becoming frustrated with him. Especially after Man city defeat (I can't see why he is at fault given the circumstances he is working under)

He cannot help that he was given naff all to spend and they are lucky he never walked in September.  I doubt Ashley will sack him and Rafa has a £6m release clause too.

I think he wants to stay and see out what he was originally brought in to do and seeing a potential takeover on the horizon might be what is keeping him.

- Despite this I hope he would be atleast approached by us if we changed our manager anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

They are now starting to have decension in the feathers over Rafa and becoming frustrated with him. Especially after Man city defeat (I can't see why he is at fault given the circumstances he is working under)

He cannot help that he was given naff all to spend and they are lucky he never walked in September.  I doubt Ashley will sack him and Rafa has a £6m release clause too.

I think he wants to stay and see out what he was originally brought in to do and seeing a potential takeover on the horizon might be what is keeping him.

- Despite this I hope he would be atleast approached by us if we changed our manager anytime soon.

Dont think so, Was still a large and loud Rafa Bentiez chant after about 88 minutes last night

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont think so, Was still a large and loud Rafa Bentiez chant after about 88 minutes last night

Just going by what I was reading on one or two forums. Sorry I should have added not the whole club but a small % of fans have started becoming disgruntled in my original post.

Still defintely a manager I would pay £6m release clause if he was willing to come here. (Once we have a vacancy). :)

Â