Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 19/04/2017 at 11:48, rodders0223 said:

I think Rafa will be gone at the end of the season regardless, I can only see him staying if he was given £100m+ which just isn't going to happen. The squad is poor, they have a lot of dross (as do we) that will not cut it at that level. Rafa won't be signing up to battle against relegation.

They'll spend a lot and they already have the making of a decent Premier League team.  Gut feeling is that Rafa will be in it for a while (as long as they go up this season).

• Like 1

:crylaugh:

On that ...

Newcastle chief arrested

Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley has been arrested in a finance probe.

The United chief was raided as part of an investigation into football that includes at least one other club.

Charnley has overseen promotion at St James’s Park this season and worked with boss Rafa Benitez to rebuild the club.

But he is being quizzed by officers from HM Revenue and Customs, after being arrested last night.

Newcastle refused to comment early this morning.

The news comes days after Benitez guided the Toon to a 4-1 victory over Preston North End to get the party started with two games remaining.

Well, well, well....

Tax fraud = financial advantage = surely this equals an FA intervention? Bad news, as I wouldn't want them in the league next season. Let's hope they get dropped to League 1.

Isn't it quite a coincidence that it's West Ham and Newcastle that were raided?  If only there was something, or someone ... who linked these 2 clubs together in the not-too-distant past.  Now I'm not for a moment suggesting anything untoward.  Perish the thought.  But it would be mighty coincidental.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Isn't it quite a coincidence that it's West Ham and Newcastle that were raided?  If only there was something, or someone ... who linked these 2 clubs together in the not-too-distant past.  Now I'm not for a moment suggesting anything untoward.  Perish the thought.  But it would be mighty coincidental.

I don't think Demba Ba is behind it....:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I genuinely don't get it :(

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I see  :detect: .  You think that something is the link here?

I have no idea what you're on about.  I was merely using an analogy; a metaphor if you will.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Well they are British owned clubs, who have employed multiple "old school" jobs for the boys British managers under each particular tenure. Hardly a surprise is it?

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Why are you messing with my head like this :( 

I think it's possible he's referring to Big Sam, it's also possible he's referring to Pardew, it's also possible I'm completely off the mark. 

Ok, I have decided what needs to happen.  The legal proceedings drag on into next season so Newcastle get promoted and are in the Prem.  Then both Newcastle and West Ham get significant points deductions and get relegated.  At the same time in the Championship we cruise into an automatic promotion spot.  That should ensure enough dross teams in the Prem in our first season back to improve our odds of surviving.

Make it so.

• Like 3

Â