Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Not really the right thread but Shane Duffy has managed 2 own goals in 20 minutes today for Blackburn against Cardiff.

Some bloke has already altered his Wiki page to say he's now a  Cardiff player :D

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

People were slating gayle told you he would get goals at this level

I think it is a little soon for 'I told you so' posts but yes he has had a good start.

I still stand by what I said though, he has a poor goal scoring record, I wouldn't have wanted us to pay £10m for him and I think we've got better.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I think it is a little soon for 'I told you so' posts but yes he has had a good start.

I still stand by what I said though, he has a poor goal scoring record, I wouldn't have wanted us to pay £10m for him and I think we've got better.

Said in the transfer thread, you look at who was keeping him out of the palace team...adebayor, wickham, chamackh...they're not good players...in his 3 seasons at palace with a couple of managers they never really fancied him, add to that the Dubai with Micah and gabby stuff, he can do what he likes at Newcastle I'd still not want him here

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Guess we will see at end of season. :) I think he will score more than McCormack personally 

Gayle joint lead scorer in the Championship on 3 goals along with Shane Duffy who has 3 own goals in the last 2 games :D

Btw, is there no "general Championship thread"?

If not there ought to be one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Gayle joint lead scorer in the Championship on 3 goals along with Shane Duffy who has 3 own goals in the last 2 games :D

Btw, is there no "general Championship thread"?

If not there ought to be one.

You could start one ;)

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd rather have McCormack, Ayew and Gestede than their rabble of forwards.

agreed, I like MItrovic but he is too mad to trust, Gayle is not that great, De Jong has a worse injury record than Adama and Ayoze Perez is one of footballs great myths a decent player but I have seen him linked with Real Madrid and Man United in last few seasons 

I certainly have no interest in saying 'told you so'.  Did I want Gayle?  Yes.  Am I happy with McCormack?  Yes!  I think both will score absolute bucketloads for their clubs and the signs are there so far.  It is up to others over the course of the season whether they want to review their opinion of Gayle based on what he does, as will I if he struggles.

Â