Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Craven Cottage was a premier league fixture for years bro ;)

Actually, it's one of my favourites. 

It was, and it was one of the worst ones.....it's tiny, cramped and looks years out of date.... now it is one of the better ones in the Championship. You may like it, and that's fine (it does have a quaintness about it), I dont have a problem with that. The point I was trying to make (possibly badly) is the quality gap between the Championship and the premiership - even how it looks on TV (and lets not get started on Hollowhead as a "pundit" - I just want to punch him every time I see his rat like face). I'm just saying that we need to get back up into the prem ASAP (obviously).  

And it's not about thinking we are too good for this. At the moment we aren't - but we were, and we should be. We need to give everything to get back where we belong. 

45 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

now it is one of the better ones in the Championship. 

That's contentious. 

Villa Park, St James's Park, Hillsborough, Pride Park, City Ground, Ewood Park, Elland Road, Cardiff City, DW...

Maybe it's in the mix after that, I haven't been to many of the others. Maybe it makes the top half. My point wasn't necessarily that it's a nice, modern ground. Only that they're not much different generally than those found in the Premier League. A lot of these teams were in the Premier League in recent times. 

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes.

He managed 7-8 for Palace in 13/14 when he wasn't starting every week so can double that with the poorer standard and obviously 8 more to play.

Can't see it myself, 7 goals is his best return in league football to date I can't see him doubling it but we will see.

On 8/6/2016 at 13:27, TheStagMan said:

It was, and it was one of the worst ones.....it's tiny, cramped and looks years out of date.... now it is one of the better ones in the Championship. You may like it, and that's fine (it does have a quaintness about it), I dont have a problem with that. The point I was trying to make (possibly badly) is the quality gap between the Championship and the premiership - even how it looks on TV (and lets not get started on Hollowhead as a "pundit" - I just want to punch him every time I see his rat like face). I'm just saying that we need to get back up into the prem ASAP (obviously).  

And it's not about thinking we are too good for this. At the moment we aren't - but we were, and we should be. We need to give everything to get back where we belong. 

I take that compared to listening to Jamie Redknapp and Thierry Henry on Premier League ;)

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So Trent...Newcastle will be challenging and will probably average 70-80 goals this season...who's scoring them again given Mitrovic and Gayle are both awful? Matt Ritchie scoring 40 is he....

Not singling trent out but it is a good point alot of people are slating mitrovic and gayle yet think newcastle will walk the league. if these two are that shit then who will get them the goals to walk it?

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

So Trent...Newcastle will be challenging and will probably average 70-80 goals this season...who's scoring them again given Mitrovic and Gayle are both awful? Matt Ritchie scoring 40 is he....

I'm not quite sure why you seem to take such issue with my not rating a couple of Newcastle players.

I've never rated Gayle and I think he has a poor goal scoring record, I couldn't understand why some were so bothered that we didn't go for him. As for Mitrovic I don't rate him and if there is any truth in the article this weekend then Rafa doesn't.

If you rate them both, that is fine but neither of them impress me at all.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not quite sure why you seem to take such issue with my not rating a couple of Newcastle players.

I've never rated Gayle and I think he has a poor goal scoring record, I couldn't understand why some were so bothered that we didn't go for him. As for Mitrovic I don't rate him and if there is any truth in the article this weekend then Rafa doesn't.

If you rate them both, that is fine but neither of them impress me at all.

It was more just using a bit of logical thinking e.g. baring a meltdown, Newcastle will be up there, they'll be scoring a lot of goals and so by default almost Gayle and Mitrovic will be scoring goals given they'll be in the final third the most.

Most defences in this league are rubbish...Mitrovic could score hatricks and doubles v likes of Huddersfield, Rotherham, Brentford etc and he'd be halfway there.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was more just using a bit of logical thinking e.g. baring a meltdown, Newcastle will be up there, they'll be scoring a lot of goals and so by default almost Gayle and Mitrovic will be scoring goals given they'll be in the final third the most.

Most defences in this league are rubbish...Mitrovic could score hatricks and doubles v likes of Huddersfield, Rotherham, Brentford etc and he'd be halfway there.

If he is in the team....

Besides my main point on both of them was that I wouldn't want them for Villa and I wouldn't I think we've got better.

Â