Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

This sissoko saga seems to be benefiting us, Newcastle pricing him out of a move, player unhappy. Hopefully drags on to deadline day and they struggle to find a replacement. No idea why they just don't sell at 25m that still be a fantastic deal for them and more beneficial as gives them more time to find a replacement. 

On 8/15/2016 at 20:07, PieFacE said:

Well quite, swap Villa and Newcastle geographically and Villa would be pulling in 50k crowds.

Their support is fantastic, but there's a very logical reason why it is. 

Yes but,you are forgetting to account for the difference in population density of the two areas. The midlands can support a lot of teams because it has a huge population. The northeast has a relatively tiny pool of supporters to draw from. It might be a large area when looking on a map but there are a lot less people up to draw support from there then there is in the midlands. 

Their support is more impressive than ours but there is no shame in acknowledging it.  

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This sissoko saga seems to be benefiting us, Newcastle pricing him out of a move, player unhappy. Hopefully drags on to deadline day and they struggle to find a replacement. No idea why they just don't sell at 25m that still be a fantastic deal for them and more beneficial as gives them more time to find a replacement. 

Who has bid £25m for him?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is being reported they want 35m for him which is crazy and no-one will pay that. I think 25m and clubs would come in

If somebody is willing to pay £25m then there's nothing stopping them from bidding that much.

But they can't sell him without a bid being made.

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yes but,you are forgetting to account for the difference in population density of the two areas. The midlands can support a lot of teams because it has a huge population. The northeast has a relatively tiny pool of supporters to draw from. It might be a large area when looking on a map but there are a lot less people up to draw support from there then there is in the midlands. 

Their support is more impressive than ours but there is no shame in acknowledging it.  

Something I am envious of is the fact that they don't seem to have any (or very few) glory hunters/plastic fans.  A large percentage of our potential fan base is lost to Brummie reds (who I respect less than SHA fans).

It seems if you're from Newcastle, you support Newcastle.

• Like 1

Must say I'm taking great pride in our club over my baseless assumption that Newcastle fans must in some small way be quietly impressed with the deals that we've been doing since going down, and how both clubs in general have applied themselves to their new reality.  We were supposed to keep going whereas they were supposed to sweep all before them.  Pride in your club.  It's a strange feeling :) 

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It is being reported they want 35m for him which is crazy and no-one will pay that. I think 25m and clubs would come in

Bolasie is worth 25million they are well in their right to ask for 35million

Â